cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet exchange checker, updates please?

N/A

sez it all really.

Just looked up my exchange on http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges,
"last updated 10 April 2006".

Looked it up on Zen's checker at: http://status.zensupport.co.uk/exchanges/checker.php,
"The data used in this exchange checker was provided by BT on 8th May 2006".

You can go from green to red to green in a month.

... and how is this for coolness?
http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php?page=support/adsllinecheck

In real timeHuh phew!
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

that's pretty antarctic actually. checked mine and it sez:

Line speed capabilities
Rate adaptive (250k and 500k) : Green
Fixed Rate (1000k and 2000k) : Green
MAX speed (upto 8000k) : Green (6500 kbps)

250k, 500k, 1000k, 2000k and 6500k are all available on this line.

can anyone help with why an 8meg exchange might only be able to offer up to 6.5meg? (esp as my atten is 9dB and snr margin 33dB)
N/A

Our line is also rated at "MAX speed (upto 8000k) : Green (6500 kbps)"

sync 8128
stable rate 8000
DS margin 16
DS Line Attenuation 11

Best download in the early AM ~6700

Anyone know where the bottle-neck may be?
Community Veteran

I'd like to point out that the exchange checker on usertools.plus.net is not maintained by Plusnet, it is infact maintained by a couple of plusnet customers who are not paid to do it.
N/A

AFAIK,

Phil Richardson also still maintains and helps maintain the usertool exchange checker.
N/A

Our line is also rated at "MAX speed (upto 8000k) : Green (6500 kbps)"

Since I came across the site, I have checked a few results for lines I know about, and in all cases the equiv of your 6500 figure equates to the BT "suggestion" of what the line would be able to deliver once Max was installed, rather than an actual figure after Max was installed.
N/A

I'd like to point out that the exchange checker on usertools.plus.net is not maintained by Plusnet, it is infact maintained by a couple of plusnet customers who are not paid to do it.

I did not know that, and I have total respect for anyone who acts in such a capacity. At one time Plusnet was a great community, perhaps it can be again. I hope so.
However the fact is that Plusnet CS and Comms people do direct Plusnet customers to a resource that is regularly out-of-date, as a means of justifying their inaction. (Or maybe the CS people and the Fault Checker look at different data before saying "your Exchange is Red until x-date, so there is nothing we can do until then, click phone-down")
Dizzley
Grafter

Does this site explain why I never see anything near 8Meg even though I have an MSR of 8000?

Line speed capabilities
MAX speed (upto 8000k) : Green (5000 kbps)

250k, 500k, 1000k, 2000k and 5000k are all available on this line.

What a brilliant site that is! Thanks urbanninja.

What in tarnation is going on?
N/A

Does this site explain why I never see anything near 8Meg even though I have an MSR of 8000?

Probably not.

I did write in an earlier posting that "I have checked a few results for lines I know about, and in all cases the [...] figure equates to the BT "suggestion" of what the line would be able to deliver once Max was installed, rather than an actual figure after Max was installed.

I do not know what is going on, so I just throw pebbles in the pond and see where the ripples ... Smiley