cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet e-mail system hacked?

N/A

Very strange but all my mail boxes including postmaster and one that is virtually never used have been attacked today by several spam e-mails. (all marked spam by PlusNet)

Not happy about this as obviously it is something in the Plusnet system set up which is causing this to happen. No changes at all from my side and as I say one mail box account has not been used at all in several months.

I have never had any problems with large amounts of spam since joining PlusNet in 2003 due to the way I handle my mail accounts and take care in who and how e-mail is sent.

Anyone else had similar things happening today?
6 REPLIES
tbomb

Same here. All using the @name.plus.com address which I don't use.

I've changed all my passwords just in case :-(
N/A

Hi, me too, all to my postoffice acount that I have never used. If it's the case that this mailing address has got out then +net need to explain how this has happened...
ChrisC
Community Veteran

Looks like me and tffive both posted our threads at the same time - I've reported the same thing here.
NickSticks

Same here - spam to unknown / unused / deleted accounts

Same here. One account had previously only one email sent to it in 2005 when I registered a product with Apple.

What's even more sinister is that a few months ago I had deleted this account along with others in a big tidy up to prevent such a thing happening.

Something bad has gone wrong somewhere.........

Worried of Cyberspace.
(Nick)
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Guys,

There's reports over in the newsgroups too. I will make sure this is looked into as a priority first thing tomorrow when I'm back in the office. Seems that there was a large influx of mail earlier on.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

Lets keep all discussion on this subject in a single place.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55876

Chilly