cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet business products & Maxdsl

N/A

Question for the plusnet staff

Will the plusnet business accounts be upgraded to maxdsl,(up to 8mbt line speed ) when it eventually comes out, or is this just applicable to the residential products?
10 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,
The business account holders will be geting the fast speeds as well, 8mbit download and 800k upload are the speeds mentioned
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

There will be speed increases for business customers too, I'll try and dig out the link to the announcement for you.
N/A

Here is a email i got from Plusnet on the 3-3-05

Dear Mr Edward Craig Black,

Great news! Free speed upgrades to all PlusNet Business customers
--------------------------------------------------------

As a valued business customer we're delighted to inform you of forthcoming plans to upgrade your Broadband speed free of charge. BT Wholesale has recently announced changes to their broadband delivery which will enable us to deliver Business broadband products up to 8Mb (the fastest connection available now is 2Mb).

Your speed will be upgraded as part of a bulk upgrade programme which starts in April. This upgrade programme will be carried out throughout the summer and will be incorporated into BT's trial-based rollout of 4Mb and 8Mb wholesale options.

Your speed will be upgraded at no cost to your business and any subsequent upgrades to faster products that you execute through our portal tools will not incur any administrative fees. As a result of this programme, you will then have direct control of future upgrades via our portal.

Current subscription Free upgrade to existing customers*
------------------------------------------------------------------
512Kb up to 2Mb
1Mb up to 3Mb
2Mb up to 4Mb

In conjunction with the above upgrades we will also launch new product options that deliver speeds of 5Mb up to 8Mb.

In the next few weeks we'll confirm the prices of our proposed 5Mb through 8Mb Business Broadband products and reveal more details of the upgrade programme.

Thank you for choosing PlusNet as your broadband supplier and we look forward to delivering the benefit of broadband upgrades to your business in the near future.

Kind regards.

PlusNet Customer Support

* Free speed upgrades are subject to product, telephone exchange and line limitations.
N/A

i think it is slighty out of date now tho Wink
when it comes to showing the table obout the upgrades as i have not got a upgrade to 4mbit at the min , Plusnet said we be getting the fast speeds come summer, but who knows :? :lol:
N/A

Has plusnet decided the pricing for the business products or are they keeping them the same?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

At the moment the prices will remain the same, however as new products become available in the future these will undoubtedly change.
N/A

At the moment the prices will remain the same, however as new products become available in the future these will undoubtedly change.

I see, thanks for the update, Will plusnet be streamlining their business offerings as they have done their residential ones or will they be the same products with faster speeds?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 70

Hi there,

As it stands, and at least to begin with, the products will be the same but higher speeds. New products will undoubtedly be introduced to cover anything above 4MB. The upload speeds on the business accounts are likely to be higher than residential MaxDSL accounts aswell.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

The upload speeds on the business accounts are likely to be higher than residential MaxDSL accounts aswell.

Only the business products that use IPStream office will have a higher upload speed than residential i.e. small business pro and business products. The small business product uses IPstream home so will have the same 432Kbs max upload as residential.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 70

Thanks Peter, I overlooked that.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵