cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet better than Tiscali??????

N/A

The following exchange of messages is unbelievable! I switched from Tiscali to plusnet last year because of terrible service.

[Additional Information]
Ask your Question here...
I was informed that I wuld be upgraded to 8Mbps on 21/6/06 - yesterday.
This did not happen . Does that mean it has been unable to move my service or is there a chance that you will do it soon?
link:CUAremoved CSC Agent 5:58pm, Friday 23rd June 2006

Dear Mr chapman,
Can you advise us where you have observed this information. I have reviewed your account you have been placed in the max dsl queue jump scheme but we have not confirmed the date you will be upgraded.

Regards,

link:CUAremoved

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
Your comment 6:06pm, Friday 23rd June 2006

Dear R
I observed it in the following email you sent me on 14th June.
Maybe you will now understand my dissatisfaction.
Regards
Alan

Your username: abcalan

Dear Alan chapman,

This is an email from PlusNet to let you know about some changes to your broadband service.

As you may know, we have recently been working with a range of broadband network partners so that we can offer all of our customers the best value broadband service in the UK, as well as access to faster broadband speeds where available. As a result of this, we will be updating your broadband connection to use a new part of our broadband network on 21-06-2006.

What do you need to do?
-----------------------
You don't need to do anything, we'll do all the work. While we carry out the work, your broadband and phone line will be offline for approximately 5 minutes (although in very rare occasions this could be a maximum of 2 hours). You will then be able to re-connect, using the same settings and hardware as normal.

Please note: a small number of customers have trouble re-connecting because they have the wrong connection settings for their modem/router. Please check your settings to prevent any problems:

- VPI = 0, VCI = 38
- ADSL Modulation: Auto or G.DMT
- Encapsulation Mode: PPP over ATM (PPPoA - RFC2364) or VC-MUX - NOT LLC-Based or PPPoE
- Authentication Mode: CHAP

If you have always used our recommended settings you should not have any problems re-connecting.

What happens next?
------------------
We will email you to let you know when the move is complete. There is a small chance that we will be unable to move your service; if this happens we will not contact you and your broadband will continue to work in exactly the same way as it does now.

Please check our dedicated supported page if you have any questions - http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/network_suppliers.shtml

Thank you for your continued custom.

Kind regards,

PlusNet Customer Support
http://www.plus.net

This email has been sent to you as it contains important information about your service from PlusNet. Please do not reply to this email, as this is an unmonitored address.

Email ref: E0276

link:CUAremoved CSC Agent 6:11pm, Friday 23rd June 2006

Dear Mr chapman,
Unfortunately due to unforeseen issues with the BT bulk regrades to the MAX product we have suspended our service wide upgrades, this is due to the connection issues that can occur with both fluctuating sync speeds and throughput during the first 10 day "training" period the line undergoes. We are still processing regrades to the Max service however this is now being done via opt-in only. To register your interest in upgrading to the upto 8Mb service please register your interest at http://trials.plus.net

Later in the year, we expect to be able to resume our service wide upgrades process.

For further details please see the information provided on our website:-
https://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/products/getready.shtml

Regards,

link:CUAremoved

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
Your comment 6:27pm, Friday 23rd June 2006

Dear Plusnet
This is the sort of idiocy I suffered with Tiscali before transferring to you. It is absolute nonsense to send me an email on 14th June telling me I am going to be upgrad on 21st June then today tell me it has to wait. I expect better from you. Please pass this to the management before I comp[etely lose my temper.
Check your own service note Service notice | ID: SN31185314

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Please do not list the names of CSC Agents in the public forums. It is against the link:rules thank you.]
11 REPLIES
N/A

To be honest I think the only ppl to blame are BT. Plusnet took unplanned action to reduce the number of unhappy customer due to bad connections and fluctuating speeds, so thats why upgrades where halted until BT sorted themselves out.

The problem is BT trying to do too much with a rubbish telecommunications infastructure.

You probably got the email just before the decision was made.
N/A

Thanks Bumzig.
I will wait until I hear from Plusnet before making a decision as to waht to do.
waldron
Grafter

Re: Plusnet better than Tiscali??????

I was informed that I wuld be upgraded to 8Mbps on 21/6/06 - yesterday......
As you may know, we have recently been working with a range of broadband network partners so that we can offer all of our customers the best value broadband service in the UK, as well as access to faster broadband speeds where available. As a result of this, we will be updating your broadband connection to use a new part of our broadband network on 21-06-2006.

Are you sure it was planned to upgrade you to MaxDSL? Being updated to "use a new part of our broadband network..." sounds more like being put onto LLU.
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Yes, that clearly looks like an LLU notification to me - but you would think that PN CS would know that, and not post a reply about MaxDSL?

Neil
N/A

but you would think that PN CS would know that

:lol:
N/A

Thanks AJBatty - maybe thats the answer! I have been on Premier Option since transferring on the hope that they would be the first to be upgraded and only assumed that that was about to happen. My BT office line was upgraded two weeks ago!
vic_newey
Grafter

Its odd that i never seem to hear a good word re- tiskali & that their CS is almost non exhistant .
I have a lineone (now tiscali ) account from 1999 & a website I made back then still appears on Yahoo search . Its so outdated & I needed to access it to either delete it or update it but I had lost the password. Tiscali support answered my email the same day & retrieved my password for me & mailed the following day to see if it was o.k.
Considering I pay them nothing apart from the couple of minutes dialup to reload a single page redirecting to my plus site I think they served me well
Kakkoii
Grafter

I think it is BT's fault, as it's a problem with their bulk regrade tool. I suggest just waiting for a while, it's not really PN's fault.
N/A

Its odd that i never seem to hear a good word re- tiskali & that their CS is almost non exhistant .
I have a lineone (now tiscali ) account from 1999 & a website I made back then still appears on Yahoo search . Its so outdated & I needed to access it to either delete it or update it but I had lost the password. Tiscali support answered my email the same day & retrieved my password for me & mailed the following day to see if it was o.k.
Considering I pay them nothing apart from the couple of minutes dialup to reload a single page redirecting to my plus site I think they served me well

Try having a broadband problem with them - resetting a password is easy, fixing a routing issue is not.
Community Veteran

Yes, that clearly looks like an LLU notification to me

I'd agree.

Has anyone actually been notified of the date when they are going to be Maxed? I know I wasn't - it just happened one day.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
N/A

I have today received an explanatiom from Plus Net apologising for the delay and outlining their problems with BT which have caused it. So I have now climbed back into my pram!