cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet about to take another 21 quid.

N/A

" This is just a brief note to let you know that we will
be taking the next subscription payment for your PlusNet Broadband Premier - Up to 2Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem) account
on 2005-09-07 "

I Migrate on that day, any idea's to avoid this from happening I've sent the usual request but I wont hold my breath,
9 REPLIES
N/A

Ooooooooooh Sneaky !

I had to give 30 days notice, If I knew this when they contacted me with the mac key I would have waited, But just goes to show you what this company has come too, to get every last Penny out of you before you leave.

I have refered 45+ customers using my referral service, I feel ashamed to have allowed them to join such a company.
glyndev
Grafter

If paying by Direct Debit just cancel the DD instruction with the bank.
Community Veteran

If you cancel your account and direct debit without paying all the fees owed they will probably block your migration.

Have you given them 30 days notice of your intention to cancel?

Chris
N/A

30 days insn't required if you are leaving through change in T&C's - is the OP doing that?
N/A

----snip----
" Dear Mr Kipling,
Your MAC key was requested on 28/08/05 because we have a 30 day notice period to migrate or cancel the next invoice will be taken. Any invoice dates in the 30 day notice period will be taken. "
----snip----

thats all he wrote back, So you reckon with the new T&C I should not after to pay ?

I would have waited to transfer if I knew the 30 days notice but nothing when I received the mac key, IF there any Plusnet Mods or Operators I think the best thing you can do with my £21 is donate it to the Red Cross for towards the New Orleans Disaster fund, then make sure you inform all customers of this charge when Migrating.

Plusnet need to give uniforms to all its staff, masks black and white stripey jumpers and bags with swag wrote on the back.
N/A

Plusnet logic Huh

If a Mac key lasts for 30 days and you give 30 days notice that would make the mac key expire...
N/A

My next payment date is *after* my migration date.
Will plus net actually expect me to pay it? (bearing in mind that my direct debit has already been cancelled due to a messed up account)
LiamM
Grafter

Your notice period starts on the day that you request your MAC key, not the day you get it. The best day to request a MAC is the day before your billing date.
N/A

i don't like to think how february would factor into this.