cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet? What 's the Plus? Where's my Net? What a joke!!

N/A

Well what can I say? I migrated across to Plusnet and my account was "activated (hah)" on the 14th of September. Well surprise surprise I had no ADSL synch. Now not having access to the internet I had to raise a fault over the fantastic technical help line 30 MINUTE WAITS!!! WTF!!! A fault was raised and I knew it wasn't my equipment as i had tried 2 known good modems, filters etc etc. So they decided the fault was BT but did the fault get passed to BT.............................

NO!!! It got closed!!! Here is the call
Ticket: 17550103 Closed

Raised: 2005-09-14 21:05:22 by: Customer Support

2005-09-14
21:05:22

Customer Support Centre Open : [Internal Support Wizard Journey]
[Customer has been advised of possible BT admin fee]
[Self Install]
[Circuit in synch - NO]
[Power status ok - YES]
[Cabling and configuration checked]
[Additional Information]
1. Has the cabling between your modem/router, the BT wall socket and your PC been checked?

Yes

2. Have you powercycled your modem/router and PC (ie turned it off and then on again) ?

Yes

3. Have you checked your microfilters/faceplate ? (the best way to do this is to try two different microfilters).

Yes

4. Are all other devices elsewhere in the house/premises which are plugged in the main phoneline circuit through other sockets/extensions also plugged into a microfilter/splitter (ie are they also filtered). ?

Yes

5. Is the telephone line noisy at all (ie is there crackle / hiss / background noise) when making a normal phonecall when the phone is plugged into a microfilter/splitter into the main socket without the adsl equipment connected ? If there is please ask BT to check your phoneline itself.

No

6. Have you tried the connection with *ONLY* the ADSL equipment plugged directly into the mastersocket through a microfilter/splitter and no other things plugged into any other extension sockets in the house/premises. Please note that this test is *VERY IMPORTANT* as it removes the chances of the problem being with internal wiring or other faulty equipment (phones (including cordless ones), faxes, skyboxes etc) being the cause of the problem. We can appreciate that this can be inconvenient but a lot of faults are caused by this. This is especially important for accounts that have never worked or if you have installed any other equipment which plugs into the phoneline.

Yes
2005-09-16
14:29:26

Customer Support Centre Assigned : +++Internal+++
Test Results;

xDSL Status Check Not in sync - suggest cct reset and line test
Circuit Information
Circuit NOT in Sync
Upstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss n/a
Cell Count 498
Downstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss n/a
Cell Count 382

IP Cell Count Test No IP cell count information to test
QT200/TAM Test Unable to perform the network test at this time. Reason: Exception: Failed connect to 10.65.119.134: 78
One Shot Check Diagnosis Final Test Outcome Inconclusive

Major Findings
Conclusion Inconclusive
Recommendation If user is unable to sync, check user's equipment, internal wiring and filters. Talk user through correct login procedure. If all OK, report fault to BT.

All tests have been performed.

Fault Raised with BTW: Ref; 1-7BY0LI / 01798281

BT routinely take 48/72 hours to update any fault raised with them, this can equate to 3-5 working days (not including weekends) and we attempt to update all raised fault tickets once ever 48/72 hrs.

Regards,

2005-09-19
19:31:27

Customer Support Centre Assigned : +++Fault Update+++
15 - Circuit not yet provisioned /circuit ceased,

To go to provisioning, order has completed in e.Co and Actuate, please can we check this.

Regards,

2005-09-20
14:45:54

Customer Support Centre Closed : Dear Mr Nation,
broadband connection completed 14/09, no further issues arisen regarding fault.

Regards,

So after getting cut off the first time of ringing after waiting for 30 odd minutes i was none too pleased. I rang again and after a 40 minute wait I spoke to someone who said oh sorry the fault got closed by accident!!! BY ACCIDENT!!! What kind of company is this? He told me it would get re-opened and passed to BT to be looked into well, and that it only costs 1p a minute to ring Plusnet oh gee that makes me feel so much better after spending near enough 80 minutes on the phone. I am sorry this is not good enough. Plusnet has had £21.99 off me for nothing and I am not happy. SAo I thought well I have 45days to cancel so I will. I raised a ticket and this is what i got

Ticket: 17630880 Actioned

Raised: 2005-09-23 18:37:58 by: You

2005-09-23
18:37:58
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Account Change Request]
[Cancellation Request]
[ADSL - Post Activation]
[Found Another ISP]
[Additional Information]
I came to PlusNet on a reccomendation and to be honest at first I was impressed by you, but after migrating and being told my account was activated on the 14th I am unhappy at the fact that I am still without ADSL. I would have thought before activating my account any connection issues would have been solved, i.e talking to BT Wholesale regarding connectivity problems. Also the fact you have implemented a cap on an alleged unmetered service (to which i was not informed) I am not happy. On another issue your customer call centre waiting times are attrocious I was on hold for 30 minutes after which I got cut off. I then called later on to be put on hold for a further 40 minutes! To be told that someone had made a mistake regarding my ticket. I am sorry but this is not a good way to be introduced to a company so I am cancelling my product.

2005-09-25
09:25:04

Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr Nation,
We do apperciate the problems experianced with the conection and there is definatly a fault which needs to be looked into, If you do want to go ahead and cancel there is a fee off £14.99 which was not charged when you originaly came to plusnet butdose get charge if you cancel or migrate within the 1st 12months

Regards,

Now here is my reply to them as you may notice I am none too impressed.

Guess what you are not getting your £14.99! As you have already taken £21.99 off me for a service I have not received. I am well within my rights in accordance with your 45day "plusnet guarantee" Also you are contravining Ofcom General Condition 11.1, which prohibits Communications Providers from billing customers for services that have not been provided. Which surprise surprise I have not been.
Also you have failed in the supply and service of goods act 1982. You have not given me a service I have paid for so therefore I am terminating with you and you will get no more money out of me, as I have cancelled my direct debit. I will also be writing to Ofcom about you as your level of service as it is a bit of a joke.

Plusnet I salute you as you are officially worse than AOHell!! :lol:

Edited to remove names.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Sorry to hear about your problems. Can I point out that any problems with sync are either with yourself or BT and not plusnet, however it is still plusnets responsibility to get the problem sorted.

As such even if you do go ahead and migrate your problem will remain.

You mention the plusnet garantee, of late this has become a rather contentous issue around here due to it's wording.

If you read the garantee terms and conditions carefully you will see that all it does is let you out of a 12 month contract and pay the lesser of £12.99 or whatever your new provider charges you to migrate in.

As such the garantee is only really worth anything to those on monthly contracts and to those on annual contracts it is worth far less than it makes out in the blurb.

Whatever you decide to do I hope you get your problem sorted.

p.s. it might be worth removing the agents names from your post before a Mod does, it's against the forum rules ;-)
Metalguru
Grafter

richienation Welcome.

May I respectfully suggest you have a nose around the forums, just to get a flavour of what's been going on recently.

If you problem isn't sorted to your satisfaction, and you are looking to exit stage left, some of the threads may give you some ideas as to the best ways to go about it. It seems the +net promise isn't worth the screen it's read on.

And as sure as eggs are eggs those at +net towers will confuse the issue, and keep you hanging around for ages.
N/A

re

Can I point out that any problems with sync are either with yourself or BT and not plusnet, however it is still plusnets responsibility to get the problem sorted
There is nothing wrong with my PC or equipment I have used known good modems, filters and cables. I know the fault is with BT but seen as though only the ISP can contact BT Wholesale it is their responsibility.
If you read the garantee terms and conditions carefully you will see that all it does is let you out of a 12 month contract and pay the lesser of £12.99 or whatever your new provider charges you to migrate in.

Well they can stick their £14.99 as they have had £21.99 for giving me nothing and the law is behind me on this one, plus i've cancelled my direct debit as they aint get anymore out of me. Plusnonet are not fulfilling their service as they should have sorted out any faults before my account was activated and before any money was taken! they have contravined this:Ofcom General Condition 11.1, which prohibits Communications Providers from billing customers for services that have not been provided Hmmm now let me see. I have no broadband and they have taken money. Yup that about covers it. I know the fault may still be there but it is the overall service I have received up until now that sucks! Their call centres blow and as for closing unresolved calls i'm sorry that is a joke!! I am a network administrator and if I did things like that I would get it in the neck!! What response did I get oh sorry!!! Good job the ISP I am migrating to require no MAC code
Metalguru
Grafter

Hi richienation

Any update ?
N/A

Been offline (thanks to plusnet :roll: ) So I can only use the internet in works time. I am getting threatened with a debt collection agency. Plusnet are blaming BT, ok I accept that BT may be the fault, but I cannot speak to BT wholesale! Why should I pay for a service i am not receiving? Also why put a 45day guarantee if it is not true? I am now getting in touch with trading standards as this is a joke.