cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Tech support - is it always this bad?

N/A

I'm a newbie with plusnet, but have been a professional net user and techie for over a decade - so I've experienced a lot of tech support, of wildly varying quality. But plusnet seems to be in a league of its own.
I have a problem with my connection, and tried to use first the online ticket system, and then the phone line.
The Customer Support Stats page is headed:
Maintaining high-quality customer support is extremely important to us, as these statistics show.

On support tickets, it says:
Average closure time: 1 hour, 45 minutes and 30 seconds
Target closure time: 4 hours

I raised my ticket at 11am yesterday, and as yet there's been no response - that's a response time of well over 30 hours and counting.
I've been watching the call stats meter through the day, and what it actually shows is that support calls ALWAYS have to wait at least half an hour, and currently (as of 21.42 BST) 51 minutes.
Any comments from the plusnet people on this, before I
a: take my business elsewhere, and
b: report you to the Advertising Standards Authority, the Trading Standards Office, and Watchdog?
46 REPLIES
N/A

Sarah, what was your ticket about? Some departments don't work 24x7 and so tickets which end up with them can take much longer than usual to get resolved...

From what I've seen anything beyond basic tech/network support tends to go to other departments (especially anything relating to provisioning, billing etc)...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The target time for connection faults is 7 days (source)

Its a subject that keeps cropping up - when you raise a ticket, or when it's referred to another department they should let you know how long it could be expected to take.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

They aren't repsonding to my tickets either, I think the ticket system is broken, I even raised a ticket saying that and they haven't responded to that one.

Just trying to cancel now, looks like it'll have to be by post though.
N/A

Plus have always responded quickly (within 24hrs) for my queries. Just one last week about a broken Plus supplied modem and it was handled brilliantly.

The problem here I guess is all these rolling changes. People will have multiple problems with the changes and cause overload for CS.

I believe this is what's known as 'compounding problems'. If BT had/have as many changes as we have with Plus then they could cope. But can Plus? Obviously not.

It's like the constant changes in the local education system (I'm a lecturer). Nothing is solid and we have constant targets (changes if you like) and it leaves everyone feeling hopeless.

I'm hoping Plus settle down over the next few months or they will be seriously damaged with bad publicity and less referrals (their life-blood if you read their own stats).
N/A

I'm hoping Plus settle down over the next few months or they will be seriously damaged with bad publicity and less referrals (their life-blood if you read their own stats).

You might be stuck anyway, fresh in from an actualy ticket response:-

However if you wish to cancel, there are currently deferred costs on the account which you agreed to when you signed up on the account

Deferred Activation : Current Cancellation Charge : £47.00
Deferred Hardware : Current Cancellation Charge : £25.00
6 months of annual contract : Current Cancellation Charge : £14.99 x 6 = £89.94

Total Cost to cancel: £161.94

Didn't even realise I had a choice over the hardware (Some crappy USB thing I've never used).

So now I guess they won't be able to move it to my new house for months while they charge me for doing bugger all.

Wish I'd never heard of Plus Net, if you're still in the cooling off period, get out while you can!
N/A

My ticket is being ignored as well. If it hasn't been responded to by tomorrow morning, I'll ring up and cancel without hesitation. There comes a time when enough is enough, and that time is right about now...
JonathanW
Grafter

As has been said, the ticket closure time can vary depending on which team the ticket gets raised through to. Additionally, the times listed on the portal are for average closure time and target closure time. Unfortunately, this does mean that some tickets take longer than others to close, but it certainly isn't a case of tickets being ignored, or put on one side to be answered at some unspecified time in the future.
N/A

it certainly isn't a case of tickets being ignored, or put on one side to be answered at some unspecified time in the future.

Except the ones that get put on hold repeatedly for weeks at a time? Wink :roll:
JonathanW
Grafter

Well, there's always going to be an element of that, as some tickets do need to be put on hold whilst problems are resolved. But mostly we just do it to people that we really like on the forums, just ask Liam all about it Wink
N/A

It might be nice to be told that someone somewhere has looked at the ticket and put it on hold for some reason, rather than just leaving a blank space..

No doubt Pcsni will ban me from the forums for this, (He's been threatening for a bit, apparently I'm too on topic for his liking) but what the heck..

Also, it has been said a few times that things get shuftied off to a different queue (again without telling anyone) but if that's the case how is it that when I phone about the same issue, the person answering doesn't have to pass me to a different department or anything, they just do stuff. Why not online as well?
JonathanW
Grafter

Whenever a ticket is placed on hold, or passed through to another department, this is always indicated on the ticket, though some agents don't always indicate which department it is being passed through to.

When you call through regarding a ticket that has been escalated to another team, the agent you speak to can generally call that department rather than passing you through, as several of the internal departments are not customer facing and as such don't speak directly to customers on the telephone.
N/A

Whenever a ticket is placed on hold, or passed through to another department, this is always indicated on the ticket

So if there's no indication of a hold or anything for 4 days, then it would be safe to say that the ticket is being ignored?

Which queues aren't used for calculating the advertised ticket response time?
N/A

hi flurble, I just saw you review on ispreview.co.uk ! Nice.

Have you seen mine?
I just put a ticket in too. A migration request to nildram...
JonathanW
Grafter

The thing to keep in mind is that once a ticket has been passed through to another department, such as the BOT team for a house move or fault, then any further updates you add to that ticket will remain in that pool until it is physically moved into a different pool. So if at any point your ticket has been escalated to another team it will reside with them.