cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - Service ceased

N/A

Plusnet - Service ceased

I got cut off of bt whilst i was in hospital, i came out and payed my bt bill and they reconnected me, i have never failed to pay plusnet even though i could not get internet service.

Now in order to get internet i am told that i must give them £50 or i will not get connected but they will continue to debit my bank account for £22, i have tried after 2 hrs in a queue to explain but was told that i was taking up to much time and the so called customer service guy said he was ending the conversation.

I want to know views from others and is this correct, i was told its on the plusnet site and easy to find about this £50 i must pay or (carry on being robbed).
Thanks for your time.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Title edited at 0838 31.5.06 as per my earlier post below to a less emotive and more accurate subject]
49 REPLIES
N/A

Plusnet - Service ceased

I take it BT disconnected you through non-payment (no fault of your own, as you were in hospital) ? If that's the case, then all other services would have ceased on your line (such as ADSL) when the line was disconnected.

Whilst it is true that you will probably have to pay the £50 ADSL connection fee (a fee that BT charge plusnet) then I cannot see how plusnet can have continued to take payment, or can continue to do so, whilst there is obviously no ADSL on the line.
N/A

Plusnet - Service ceased

I cannot see how plusnet can have continued to take payment, or can continue to do so, whilst there is obviously no ADSL on the line.

While I have every sympathy with the OP, unfortunately he has presumably entered into a contract with Plusnet for broadband, and its not their fault that BT disconnected his line for none payment, and he now has to pay for reactivation.

Maybe under the circumstances Plusnet might be more sympathetic and wave the reconnection fee, but somehow I doubt it.
N/A

Re: Plusnet blackmailing me

i have tried after 2 hrs in a queue to explain but was told that i was taking up to much time and the so called customer service guy said he was ending the conversation.

Just to add that I think that attitude by a CS guy sucks and someone from Plusnet should look into this. :roll:
hitachi
Grafter

Plusnet - Service ceased

then I cannot see how plusnet can have continued to take payment, or can continue to do so, whilst there is obviously no ADSL on the line.

Yes if it was an annual contract.
N/A

Plusnet - Service ceased

I would make one request of the OP.

Whilst I fully sympathise with the predicament, the innacurate and unjustified title of this thread is emotive and unnecessary.

Would it be possible to find a less dramatic word and one which is perhaps closer to the facts of the matter. Please.

Whilst feedback, be it positive or negative, is more than welcome. It is anticipated that any feedback will at least be reasoned and constructive.
N/A

Re: Plusnet blackmailing me

i have tried after 2 hrs in a queue to explain but was told that i was taking up to much time and the so called customer service guy said he was ending the conversation.

Just to add that I think that attitude by a CS guy sucks and someone from Plusnet should look into this. :roll:

We don't know the full story here as we have only heard one side of a conversation so let's not start calling for people to be investigated. I think the CSC agent was no doubt just explaining the Plusnet policy. It's not his fault if the customer doesn't like the Plusnet policy . If you had worked in a call centre environment you would know there's only so many times you can tell a customer the same thing and this was probably why the call was terminated.

Looks like in this case Plusnet are technically totally right in what they did if the OP was under contract. It's not a good policy in terms of customer relations though as they could have stopped charging the £22 a least when there was no service.
N/A

Plusnet - Service ceased

to look at the other side of this coin why should plusnet be £47 out of pocket because BT ceased the OP?

it is going to cost PN £47 to reconnect them and that would wipe out any profits made from this account, probably any future profit for more than a year too.
N/A

Plusnet - Service ceased

simple answer go to another isp and get a decent service Smiley
N/A

Re: Plusnet - Service ceased

I got cut off of bt whilst i was in hospital, i came out and payed my bt bill and they reconnected me, i have never failed to pay plusnet even though i could not get internet service.

That's unfortunate but since you broke your BT contract by not paying them I'm not sure why everyone else at Plus (me too) should subsidise your reconnection.

You'll have to pay for the connection again or Plus will hit you for failing to keep to your contract.
shellsong
Grafter

Plusnet - Service ceased

I'm inclined to think that all cases should be considered on their merits and in situations where customers are unable to pay for good reasons and unforeseen circumstances businesses like BT and PlusNet should be prepared to sort things out using either a "goodwill" fund or low level insurance cover

Actually BT ought to be including ADSL activation as standard on a phone line in this day and age!
Community Veteran

Plusnet - Service ceased

but they will continue to debit my bank account for £22

Plus.Net will find it legally hard to justify continuing to bill you beyond their 30 day notice period, unless you are still within a 12 month contract. (I note from your “Joined” date that 12 months falls within the 30 days.)

One of the conditions of service is that you have a “BT” phone line for Plus.Net to provide Broadband on, when BT cancelled this you breached the terms and conditions of your contract with Plus.Net which effectively gave notice.

This advice is given from firsthand experience, all be it from a different industry and from Plus.Net’s side.

Chilly
N/A

Plusnet - Service ceased

when i got cut off of bt my internet continued to work for over a fortnight, when it stopped working my son contacted plusnet and asked why no more internet.
plusnet said that bt had contacted them and told them that they had to stop supplying internet to my home, so plusnet DID in fact cut me off, even though it was bt who told them to do so.

They cannot say the reason i could not recieve their service was because bt had stopped my telephone service, because when i went into settings in my router it said CONNECTED but when i put in my user and password it came up NOT connected, so you see it was not bt stopping my access it was plusnet themselves.

And as for anyone subsidising me GET REAL, i am in fact subsidising YOU. by paying for a service i am not getting.
N/A

Plusnet - Service ceased

sorry thats complete rubbish.

plusnet did not cease your broadband service. it's called a PSTN cease, when your phoneline is ceased it ceases your broadband line but it takes 5-7 days for the broadband part to cease. Plusnet will not cease your service unless anyone but you requests it.

it would be illegal for plusnet to cease your ADSL at BT's request.

That's not what happened.

BT ceased your line which in turn ceased all services on it including ADSL.

The bottom line is it's going to cost PN £47 to reconnect you, why should they pay it?
N/A

Plusnet - Service ceased

Roll on the time when you can have broadband without PSTN, which I believe is not far away then this sort of problem will not arise.