cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - [Removed].

N/A

Plusnet - [Removed].

Well I migrated to f2s as of today and Plusnet changed my account to a standard account, his way I keep my email address.

I sent them a message saying thank you for 2 years of internet but moved due to all the changes, next I get the following mesage:

Thank you for your previous custom. Because you are not agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, we unfortunately can't keep your account on system. I have flagged the dialup account to cancel on 1st October. This will lose all access to member center/contact us etc. If you so chose to signup for a new account with us in future, this would give you the same Terms and Conditions you would then have to agree to.

Regards,
[Removed]

They have closed the ticket as well and I cannot even respond. What a bunch of idiots, if my new ISP did not work out I would of come back, but not with that atitude.

Evil Bye Plusnet, lost me for ever and Im now glad I move to a better understanding ISP.

Looks like this is my last ever post, bye all and see you all on f2s soon

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Profanity removed from title, Customer Support Agent's name removed from post]
12 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Plusnet - [Removed].

It makes sense. If you don't agree to the terms and conditions which govern Plusnet accounts then they aren't going to be able to keep your account open are they?
Community Veteran

Plusnet - [Removed].

So why have they downgraded many others to the free PAYGO account who have moved for exactly the same reason. Not accepting the T&C for broadband does not mean they can't continue with a free paygo account.

This does not sound correct at all and appears to be someone who is over-reacting to people leaving and being spiteful.
LiamM
Grafter

Plusnet - [Removed].

I don't know of any such cases. The Comms team have mentioned that it's not possible to downgrade an account who doesn't agree to the TACS a few times.

It's the same terms and conditions for every PN product isn't it? They're not seperate.

They may have seperate clauses, but the general contract is the same.
N/A

Plusnet - [Removed].

i have no problems agreeing to the new T&C now that i have moved adsl.
:lol:

not as if i can download 30gig + during peeks times on a 56k modem now is it?
Community Veteran

Plusnet - [Removed].

I don't know of any such cases. The Comms team have mentioned that it's not possible to downgrade an account who doesn't agree to the TACS a few times.

It happened here and several others have posted in the past on ADSLguide that they had there a/c downgraded to a free paygo one, some when they asked and others when they did not.

Inconsistancies again!!!
N/A

Plusnet - [Removed].

@petervaughan

If I remember correctly even one of the Plus.net comms guys mentioned on a thread that it was possible to downgrade to PAYG and even had to explain to a new user what PAYG dialup was.

I would have thought that the T's and C's for both the ADSL and Dial up products would be different, after all it would be quite difficult to go over 100Gb in one month if you are using dial up plus since Plus.net would get some of the revenue from the 0845 phone call they would be more than happy for someone to have their PAYG account online 24/7.

Perhaps this will mean that Dave T will start by checking each recent migration and correct this anomaly? Wink

Very strange...

Cheers,

M
Metalguru
Grafter

Plusnet - [Removed].

This is yet more evidence of the inconsistant approach being adopted by +net.

One C/S agent says one thing, another C/S agent takes the diametrically opposite view.

There is much evidence of this in these, and on other forums.

IMHO all brought about by :-

New (therefore inexperienced) and poorly trained +net staff / agents.

Ambigously worded T&C's.

Lack of proper processes and procedures to deal with FAQ type enquiries.
(Someone on another thread suggested a "flow chart")

And the complete loss of the original +net customer service ethos, that use to be one of the most pleasurable parts of the old holistic +net experience.

The new customer service moto appears to be (to paraphrase Neil Armstrong)

We can do whatever we like, cos If the punter don't like it ................TOUGH ........ they can always go elsewhere.
N/A

Plusnet - [Removed].

Realist: - This sounds to me like a mistake on the support agent's part. Unless you specifically state that you're leaving because you disagree with the new Terms & Conditions, PlusNet should just downgrade your old account to PAYG, not completely remove it.

My advice would be to raise another link:contact us ticket (since you said the original one has been closed) explaining that you're not rejecting the Terms & Conditions, and that it is just a regular migration - meaning the account should not be deactivated.

Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick and you are actually rejecting them - in which case ignore me! Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Plusnet - [Removed].

If someone has rejected the new terms and conditions then the account must be cancelled, it can't be downgraded to a PAYG account because that would mean you accepted the T's & C's and it isn't possible to pick and choose which parts of the T's & C's you accept or reject.

Some accounts have been downgraded to PAYG for two reasons, to stop any further payments being taken, and to allow any pending payments or refunds to be processed. Cancelling an account would cancel the Direct Debit and mean that a pending refund or payment would fail.
Metalguru
Grafter

Plusnet - [Removed].

Well there (above) is DT's understanding of the situation.

Yet in this ADSL thread :-

ADSLGuide Forums

There is a customer who has rejected the T&C's and been downgraded to PAYG.

I am on the view that if any matter isn't clearly articulated in the new T&C's , then the interpretation is left to individuals +net employees.

No corporacy. Not an ideal situation.

I like to know DT's thoughts on the differance between a migration and a cancellation ? When it comes to +net procedures.

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Fixed BBCode tags]
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Plusnet - [Removed].

As I said some accounts have been downgraded to PAYG to allow a refund or payment to be processed. I would expect the account to be cancelled once that was complete, although from that post I should point out that the customer said

please take this ticket as formal 30 days notice of terminating my PN account. I will require a MAC code

Which may have been interpreted as if the cancellation wasn't due to the T's & C's as 30 days notice isn't required in this case. And thus could keep the PAYG account.

I like to know DT's thoughts on the differance between a migration and a cancellation ? When it comes to +net procedures.

What do you mean?
N/A

Plusnet - [Removed].

Dave,

"The Customer" in question here is myself and if you look at your ticket system logs, ticket ID 17463117, this is exactly what I said:

Today my 12th subscription payment will be taken. Whilst I have enjoyed a reliable broadband connection for 12 months now, I feel it is time to move on to another ISP. I do not agree with the new terms and conditions and some of the policies/methods that PlusNet have recently introduced (such as traffic shaping). Therefore, please take this ticket as formal 30 days notice for closing my PlusNet account.

I will require a MAC code in order to initiate migration to a new ISP. Please can you supply this at your earliest convenience.

I have been downgraded to PAYG dialup now. I was expecting my account to be completely terminated - either way, I'm not too fussed. I'm also not bothered about the refund for unused days - as far as I'm concerned, I raised this request on the start of my billing cycle and said "please take this ticket as formal 30 days notice" so I'm not expecting any money back from PN.