cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Premier £21.99 or BBYW option 3 £19.99

N/A

Just want to know which one is the best because i am thinking for switching but not sure about the full comparison between them both.
Thanks in advance
Robert Brown
20 REPLIES
Saturn
Grafter

I'd be interested in a reply to this too.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

The only difference relates to the peak time experience on advanced protocols, and the actual times at which the usage is counted.

On Premier usage is counted between 4pm and midnight, and on BBYW it's counted between 8am and midnight, although you do get a much bigger allowance.

It's all down to what you use and when you use it as to which would give you the better experience.
N/A

Hi there,

and on BBYW it's counted between 8am and midnight, although you do get a much bigger allowance.

The allowance on option 3 is still 20G isn't?
Mand
Grafter

Yep, sorry.

What I meant was BBYW gives you a bigger allowance in comparison to the older packages.
N/A

I am on £21.99 package at the moment and looking at Option 3 thus saveing £2. watch out for the new peak times, actaul allowance of 20G/month remains the same. I get close to, or just over 20G a month, but some is off peak so never go over 20G peak on premier 1. The thing is, I have no way of knowing how much is between 8am and 4 pm which would now be counted as peak under BBYW option3. So it is a bit of guess work.
Remember, you save £2/month so you could purchase 2G extra data if you did go over and still not cost you any more than what you pay now. If you do not need the extra you have saved £. Also at present although I get 20G/month, it does start to get throttled at 13G whereas BBYW remains untouched untill you hit 20G. This is a BIG plus as far as I am concerned. I never have liked being throttled because I was 7G away from my allocation -that is still 1/3 of my allocation.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

We've asked the question internally as to whether its possible to display 3 time bands on the VMBU for existing products, 8am to 4pm, 4pm to midnight and midnight to 8am.

As soon as we get any further info on this we'll let you know.
N/A

Now an enhanced VMBU would be useful, and if we can have more than 3 months data even better. After all, the change in peak time is central to many makeing decisions about changeing
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

The only difference relates to the peak time experience on advanced protocols

Could you clarify what this means?
N/A

We've asked the question internally as to whether its possible to display 3 time bands on the VMBU for existing products, 8am to 4pm, 4pm to midnight and midnight to 8am.

Now that's the best suggestion I've heard for a long time Smiley

That would be very useful in me deciding what product,if any, to change to in the future.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

The only difference relates to the peak time experience on advanced protocols

Could you clarify what this means?

P2P, binary usenet and FTP are classed as advanced protocols, the expected speeds on these types of applications are detailed here:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/broadband_your_way/experience/speed.shtml
N/A

P2P, binary usenet and FTP are classed as advanced protocols, the expected speeds on these types of applications are detailed here:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/broadband_your_way/experience/speed.shtml

What are the speeds on Premier
gswindale
Grafter

Hi there,

As soon as we get any further info on this we'll let you know.

Brilliant idea, although it won't change my decision not to move (that is until you provide a service where 8am - 4pm is classed as off-peak and 4pm - 8am is peak for a similar price to BBYW 3)
Mark64uk
Grafter

My Billing reset's in 3 days if i were to change to a BBYW product now would i be charged any differently ?

Mark
itchyfeet
Grafter

I don't think 4pm to 8am is ever going to be peak - not unless the whole population becomes nocturnal!