cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Moderator's Please read!!!!

N/A

Can someone explain this for me please.
i have just carried out the BT speed test and i got an average speed test result of 1900kbps. now i dont claim to be an expert but i reckon this means that i am ready to be a 2mb user but for some reason PN have not flicked the switch.

WHY NOT?
can somebody please tell me in english why? why shouldnt i go to bt isp? they have told me they will supply me with the 2mb line at the same cost!!

WHY AM I STILL WITH PN?

Please can someone find out why i am not connecting at 2mb.
23 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Just for your information, we are not employees of Plusnet, or support agents. We are moderators on a voluntary basis.

It does sound to me like you should be receiving a 2Mb service but for some reason this hasn't been flagged on your account at Plusnet's end.

All you need to do to get this sorted is give PN a call on 0845 1400200 and ask them to unthrottle your account as you are now connecting at 2Mb.
N/A

If you're syncing at 1900 raise a ticket and ask that the throttle on your a/c gets lifted.
N/A

Due to high demands there is a 10 min wait.... stand by to find out if i am about to be a happy customer again......Why would anyone volunteer for free? it isnt charity! what do u get out of it?
LiamM
Grafter

We get nothing out of it. We all do it out of the goodness of our hearts.

You should be sorted once you get through.
N/A

linksview, All Liam and the others get is alot of stick from the rest of us - think they need to remember the first rule of volunteering- when asked for volunteers to take one pace forward remember to take two back Wink
N/A

Just so every one is aware i am now FAT band. no longer slim band. 1789kbps to be exact!!
Big thanks to everyone who tought me how to do the BT Line test. If i didnt do that then i would still be slim.
Why dont PN un throttle automatically?
simonh
Grafter

They do in most cases, it's all dependant on BT telling +net that they've done the work. I had the same yesterday, raised a ticket and it was sorted out in 10 minutes.
N/A

Since the invent of MaxDSL and the idea of providing a line at the fastest possible speed, it is harder to track what speeds people are actualy on.

Normaly BT notify Plusnet of accounts changes, and are able to automate the untrhottle. This does not always happen, as in this case, so requires that manual intervention takes place.
LiamM
Grafter

They claim to have done, but in my experience, it hasn't happened 80% of the time and a phone call has been needed.
N/A

u lot are lucky i supposed to be upgraded july now im told august by +net
N/A

The automation has only been in place just under 2 months IIRC ?

I agree, there was a very high rate of questions prior to this, but there has been less than 1 a week as of late.
N/A

Great news! We're attempting to upgrade the speed of your broadband service to 2Mb for free, at no extra cost per month.

The upgrade will be made between 2005-06-25 - 2005-07-02 and you don't need to do a thing!

A series of tests will then be made on your line. If your line proves unable to support 2Mb, you will get the fastest speed your line can support, either 1Mb or 512k.

You will be emailed once the work is complete to notify you of your new speed.

Kind regards,

Customer Support

This is the email you get when you are about to recieve the upgrade, it states
you don't need to do a thing!

and
You will be emailed once the work is complete to notify you of your new speed.

My modem was telling me 2.2mbps for a full week but i was still getting my old 512 speed. i eventually rang cs and immediately was on full speed.

The email shouldn't say you don't need to do a thing because you do.
N/A

Unfortunatly the automated system between BT and PN for advising PN of succesful upgrades and thus automated throttle lifting doesn't always work...
N/A

So how do we know?