cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Listening to Customer Feedback Again?

Community Veteran

To me plusnet seem to be listening to and acting on customer feedback again.

I just wondered if other people agreed or disagreed or aren't to sure. I'd appreciate if you could vote to indicate what you feel.

Ta!
9 REPLIES
N/A

There acting on feedback, although they do seem a little so at implementing changes. Plusnet have always seemed slow to get anything new out the door (VMBU for example)
N/A

Re: Plusnet Listening to Customer Feedback Again?

I think I have to agree with you on that one Daniel, if only given those options (I take it you have voted, and hence you are the single 'yes' giving 100% as I type . Wink )

I can't think how to word it (and pay little attention to self-selecting survey responses anyhow) but I would be more interested in whether people thought PN had learnt from this any more than after the previous PR issues since May and how willingly customers perceive this action to be by PN (not hijacking this vote, and can't be bothered to set up one).

regards

Stuart.
Community Veteran

Re: Plusnet Listening to Customer Feedback Again?

I think I have to agree with you on that one Daniel, if only given those options (I take it you have voted, and hence you are the single 'yes' giving 100% as I type . Wink )

Actually i hadn't; I have now though.
shellsong
Grafter

I haven't voted and I don't really believe I could vote yes at present because, although I have seen signs of PN listening and acting accordingly, I have also seen them persisting in an extremely blinkered approach.

One example is their attitude to the "double jeopardy" SUP infringers!
N/A

I personally believe that yes, Plusnet are listening to customers..again.

Although sometimes a little to quick to start new projects (rather much like a little kid with a new toy) they have made an effort in listening to customers and doing something about it.

Fair does they are unable to act upon every customers wishes, but thats not how it works. You listen to what people have to say, and go with what the (how can i be careful in using this word) the larger vote (aka majority), that to me is showing a certain level of listening.

These are my views Smiley
N/A

I agree, PlusNet are listening to the ideas and suggestions of their customers, such as the recent increase in pre-throttled usenet limits based on the account type.

It can be said they arn't quick to implement ideas, but as a software developer I know just how difficult it can be to listen to the requests of the customer, listen to the requirements of management, trying to find a solution that meets both and do it in the often harsh time constraints that managers impose.
On top of all that there is the testing that has to go on, as well as the training of your support staff, the creation of documentation ... it goes on and on.

Most of the changes PlusNet have made recently don't affect me, such as the new Webmail, the shop, the usenet limits and what not. But at one time I was a heavy P2P user, heavy enough to be given advanced warning of the SUP (and that was on a 512k connection), but I didn't complain, I didn't leave, I simply changed my habits.

Well done PlusNet, may the Force(9) be with you!

Regards,
Andrew D Wiles

ps. I love that avatar tomspcs
N/A

Yes, I believe they are listening more to customers. I hope they learn from some of these problems creating their managed platform and start consulting before making changes, rather than responding when it all goes pear shaped. They need to be more pro-active with their customers. Not just with the occasional meet-up or the PUG, but coming on here and saying "This is what we plan. Do you think this will work?". I still feel there are areas where they can learn and improve. I agree with shellsong about the double jeopardy SUP victims. Its not the customers fault imformation that is used doesn't correspond to the billing month and if they have changed their usage after a warning they should not be penalised. Unfortunately, because it only affects a few people, plusnet seem intent on ignoring the issue.
Alecto
Grafter

They're talking a good game, but they need to be judged on results, not predictions.

I'm not impressed by the statements they are allowing to be made to Metronet customers, and wonder how they intend to get out of their promise to continue 90Gig of clean bandwidth for £23. a month.

And while I like their stated intent to have xGig of unshaped bandwidth (if I read it right) for Pn customers, I haven't seen it yet,

But I have seen the throttling and there are too many "clever" posts from their staff that obviously avoid the point of serious concerns posted by customers.

Wait and see looks to be a good approach at the moment.
crimsone
Grafter

Indeed. PN do seem to have listened to some extent at last, but I feel that the reasons are twofold...

one is that PN have realised that they need to make more of an effort to maintain the balance of feeling that they once had (and will have again if this continues)

The second is that I feel that there are a lot more well reasoned and articulated opinions coming through a lot more easily, some even with ideas of their own, now that the initial outrage from the masses seems to have died down slightly.

Either way, it does remain to be seen exactly what will happen before I am willing to place my full trust in PN, and continue to view announcements with cautious scepticism. I sincerely hope that PN continue to be as fair and customer oriented as it seems they are striving to once more appear.

Time shall tell, but at the moment the least I can say is that I'm pleased, impressed, and relieved by recent forum postings from PN staff.