cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet FREE Webspace - How long before its available?

N/A

Plusnet FREE Webspace - How long before its available?

I opened a Plusnet Free account 3 days ago but can still see no access to configuring the promised 25meg webspace (I want to enable FrontPage extensions but only see email configuration available on 'My Services' when I log in).
Have I got something wrong?
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Plusnet FREE Webspace - How long before its available?

Hi BJ,
your webspace will have been up and running since day one, goto www.jbtesting.plus.com to view the holding page, details of how to upload your site are in our technical support
section. To solve your second problem the free account does not come with Frontpage extensions, you'll need a minimum of our Lite account to gain that service.
Best Regards
Scott Elliott
--
| Scott Elliott Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Team Leader for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Hi BJ,
> your webspace will have been up and running since day one, goto www.jbtesting.plus.com to view the holding page, details of how to upload your site are in our technical support
> section. To solve your second problem the free account does not come with Frontpage extensions, you'll need a minimum of our Lite account to gain that service.
> Best Regards
> Scott Elliott
> --
> | Scott Elliott Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Team Leader for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

Scott, Thanks for the speedy reply! Excellent.
By 'holding page' do you mean the page http://webspace.plus.net/webspace_plusnet.html ?
That's where I end up when I type in my webspace address. Can't seem to 'land' on my web space as such!
Thanks
N/A

> Can't seem to 'land' on my web space as such!
> Thanks

Hi,

An easy way to begin in this area is by using Internet Explorer as your ftp client. If you are going to use your space the first thing to do is to delete the couple of files that are automatically placed there when an account is created.

Go to your browser (IE actually) and type the following in the address bar...

ftp://ftp.plus.net/

When you hit return you will be prompted for a username and password. This would be exactly as per your account. If this is successful you should see an 'htdocs' folder appear. This is your webspace and everything must go within here.

Enter this folder by double clicking on it and then delete everything within there (there will be the few files that are presented the holding page you currently see). If you now go to your URL with PlusNet, you will see an empty directory. While still in the 'htdocs' folder, drag and drop any files etc. you wish to and they'll be uploaded to your webspace.

It's actually quite an efficent way of working with ftp. If you've already worked this out, I hope this helps someone else Smiley

Regards, Techsupport.