cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - Customers/Pipes/Lit Segments ( Help Needed )

Ommin
Grafter

Can anyone assist with the following?:-

a) Number of Plusnet ADSL Customers ( approximately )
b) Number of Pipes
c) Number of Lit Segments of above

According to Kitz they have five 622 Mb Centrals but I am not sure if her site is currently up to date hence my request.
17 REPLIES
Ritey
Grafter

i dont know how many ADSL customers, but i think they hav 170,000 aprx customers.
Ommin
Grafter

i dont know how many ADSL customers, but i think they hav 170,000 aprx customers.

That's what I thought. Just wanted confirmation. Hopefully someone will be along soon with information on the pipes/lit segments.
N/A

4 622's with all segments list
1 622 with 2 segments lit
1 155 from metronet being used with the plus.net and soemthing.net (cant remember) realms. - its still in contract so hasnt been decommisioned. there just using it until it is decomissioned as far as i know
Ommin
Grafter

4 622's with all segments list 1 622 with 2 segments lit

Are you sure? According to Kitz all the segments in the five 622 pipes have been activated.
Ommin
Grafter

Anyone care to explain why the post made by Dave T at 1534 hours has disappeared from this thread?
Ritey
Grafter

1 155 from metronet being used with the plus.net and soemthing.net (cant remember) realms. - its still in contract so hasnt been decommisioned. there just using it until it is decomissioned as far as i know

so wot happens to ppl on this pipe when it'd decommisioned?
or should i raise this in the dialup section :lol:

or are we transferred to an existing pipe? if so why not do it now, cos this pipe is unreliable?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Anyone care to explain why the post made by Dave T at 1534 hours has disappeared from this thread?

I think you're seeing things, I didn't reply to this thread Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

so wot happens to ppl on this pipe when it'd decommisioned?

The realms would be pointed elsewhere, presumably back at the 622's, doing that now would mean that there would be an empty 155Mbps pipe which we were paying for, plus all the customer on that pipe would now be using the capacity of the 622's so there'd be a bit less capacity to go around.
Ommin
Grafter

I think you're seeing things, I didn't reply to this thread Smiley

Oh yes you did. I know what I saw and I have the e-mail. Wink
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Well I'd like to see it because your post at 2:53pm was showing as unread to me when I replied at 4:01pm.
N/A

hmm kitz's site does show the full 3Gbit of bandwidth.

It was 2.7 until very recently. I know the 5th central was due by contact to be fully active by end of feb so maybe they are all active
Ommin
Grafter

E-Mail relating to "Plusnet - Customers/Pipes/Lit Segments ( Help Needed )" topic received at 1534 hours today. Link given as

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=292392#292392

I followed the link and read the entry. Attempted to quote from it to make a reply but it would not let me. Shortly thereafter it disappeared entirely from the thread and clicking the link now brings up "The topic or post you requested does not exist."
Ommin
Grafter

plus all the customer on that pipe would now be using the capacity of the 622's so there'd be a bit less capacity to go around.

Only four or five thousand customers spread over five 622 pipes/twenty 155 segments.
Ommin
Grafter

I know the 5th central was due by contact to be fully active by end of feb so maybe they are all active

I believe the remaining segments may have been activated when the Metronet customers were moved over and I strongly suspect Plusnet have no pipes or unlit segments available to them at the moment.