cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Customer Support......What customer support?

N/A

OK first off - Sorry for original post that had Plusnet Employees names in it ( Shockedops: )

OK Now I can get on with my rant.

Is it any wonder I feel like I am not wanted here at Plusnet. See Ticket jobs below:

Ticket: 17563255 Closed
Raised: 2005-09-16 08:07:26 by: You
2005-09-16
08:07:26
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Sustainable Usage Policy Enquiries]
[Additional Information]
Dear Customer Support team

I would like to express my dissapointment at your dicision to cap my
account. While I understand network management is required to maintain the
quality of service, I moved to PLUS specifically as you offered unlimited
download via a "Residential Broadband Premier" package, and certainly since
being made aware that this unlimited download was false, and you were
capping users, I have endevoured to download out of peak times. After
viewing a post on the forum I was led to believe that I would be "ignored"
if the downloads were to happen outwith the "peak" hours?

Can you clarify for me the second option at the bottom of the original
e-mail I am already on a Residentail Broadband Premier product as mentioned
above :-

"2. Upgrade to a Residential Broadband Premier or Business Broadband product
that meets your usage needs - 24/7 management will be instantly lifted."

So in short I have been downloading out of peak times and have still been
capped. What are my options?

2005-09-16
16:47:33
Plusnet Employee
IE - Network Support & Problems Assigned : Regards,
Plusnet Employee
2005-09-17
05:45:46
Useless Plusnet Employee
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Miss Gall,
please see the email that was sent out to all cmrs ref the options for getting the managment lifted.
Regards,
Useless Plusnet Employee
2005-09-20
08:42:04
You
Closed : By Customer via Portal -
I would like to point aout that I had read in this very forum that if doing the downloads out of peak times that it was very likely no action would be taken :?
CLOSED IN DISGUST - As it never answered my query

2nd Ticket after two unanswered e-mails:

Ticket: 17580198 Assigned
Raised: 2005-09-18 15:55:18 by: You
2005-09-18 15:55:18
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[IE - SUP Profiling]

Please lift the restrictions on my account. This is the second time I have had filled in this ticket form, as well as e-mailing since Friday morning. My internet is as good as unusable, and I am not talking about downloading ANYTHING!
2005-09-19
11:32:29
Plusnet Employee
IE - Network Support & Problems Assigned : Please advise user, thanks.

Regards,
Plusnet Employee
2005-09-19
19:40:55
Plusnet Employee
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Miss Gall,
Before we do this we need to ensure that you agree to the Terms.
Can you advise.

Regards,
Plusnet Employee
2005-09-19
21:52:37
You
Assigned : can you send me the link to the terms. Also if I accept the terms and then decide that the limits applied are too restrictive, will I incur additional expenses to receive a mac code, that I would not if I had not accepted the new terms?

It is now more than 58 hours since my last communication regarding this!

It's all gone very quiet :?

Wait for the punchline.... Taken from Plusnets support page where you post your jobs:

Current Average Time Target Time Last Updated
Closure of enquiries 3 hours, 25 minutes 8 hours September 21, 2005, 8:07 am.

Lets just say I am less than impressed!
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Does it still say closure? Dave said he had ammended it to reply.

I was going to give a more detailed reply to your first post but can't remember what it was now Shockedops:
Community Veteran

I think they are all frantically looking for the fag packet that the rules governing the removal of restrictions were written on the back of.

It seems from reading posts here and on AG that there are no standards on how these rules are applied:

We have seen people have their MAC and the restrictions lifted, we have seen it the other way round, we have seen examples of customers who are told the restrictions cant be lifted because of requesting a MAC.

We have people receive refunds for part of their monthly subs after migration, we have seen people told that they can't be refunded. We have seen people made to pay fees to leave, we have seen people have those same fees waived.

I think it is time Plusnet constructed a flowchart detailing exactly what happens given a certain set of circumstances, and published said chart for both employees and customers to read.

That way we should see some sense of order. At the moment, I don't know about anyone else, but it feels like the rules are being made up as they go along and nobody has a clue as to the exact procedures that should be followed.

If someone in PN does have a clue as to the exact procedures that should be followed, then they seem to have made a pretty poor job of cascading this information to the rest of the team/s.
csogilvie
Grafter

I think they are all frantically looking for the fag packet that the rules governing the removal of restrictions were written on the back of.
No, they are looking for the fag packet for their morning break Wink

That way we should see some sense of order. At the moment, I don't know about anyone else, but it feels like the rules are being made up as they go along and nobody has a clue as to the exact procedures that should be followed.

If someone in PN does have a clue as to the exact procedures that should be followed, then they seem to have made a pretty poor job of cascading this information to the rest of the team/s.

It would be nice... even on things that have been in place for a while, you still get different answers Sad
Community Veteran

I really do think that some sort of chart needs creating.

It would certainly help everyone concerned. A suitable employee who understands the various processes or scenarios should be allowed a whole morning or afternoon to work from home or in a quiet room and get this bottomed out.

Print of a copy for everyone at the office and issue them. A pdf version or some other method of displaying it on the portal for customers new an old would also be excellent.

That way all these - "how do i get out within 45 days", "how do i get these restrictions lifted" and various other posts which keep arising should be reduced in number.

If nobody at PN takes it up, then so be it - but I really do think this will help everyone, not least those CS guys on the desk which are no doubt being bombarded by customers asking very similar questions in their tickets.

/2p.
N/A

Still waiting on a Plusnet responce

Ehh? Sorry mate, what do you mean "does it still say closure?" - Sorry if I am being dense.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

To have any of the SUP profiles removed from an account, the account holder must confirm that they will reduce their usage to within the levels detailed here.

Until that has been done, we are not able to remove the profiles.
N/A

To have any of the SUP profiles removed from an account, the account holder must confirm that they will reduce their usage to within the levels detailed here.

Until that has been done, we are not able to remove the profiles.

To be honest mate that is not what my gripe is about. It is the fact that in two cases I have asked specific concise questions to members of the support team which have not been answered. Once by pointing me to the standard blurb, that did not have the answer to my original query, and in the second instance my query is simply ignored and a ticketed job is left open with no reply (62Hrs now, and counting).

I feel I cannot agree to the new terms and reduce usage until my question regarding the implications that has if I decide to move on are answered.

Is that unreasonable? I don't think so.

What I do think is unreasonable though is to have this matter drittle on for nearly a week when it would take very little effort from a support engineer to answer my query. I understand you guys are busy, but I think 60+ hrs for a reply to a question is poor.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I have answered your query on the ticket as it contains information specific to your account.
Community Veteran

Re: Still waiting on a Plusnet responce

Ehh? Sorry mate, what do you mean "does it still say closure?" - Sorry if I am being dense.

On the page where you get presented with the average and target time for dealing with a ticket, It has always said closure. However this is incorrect it tis in actual fact the reply time Dave Tomlinson (one of the comms guys not seen him much in the past week) said that he had changed it to say reply time. What I wanted to know was wether it said closure or reply, if you can't remember it doesn't matter.