cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Customer Expectations.

N/A

Bigger pie costs money, which ultimatly will be passed onto the consumer.

As a customer base increases in size, adding a single chunk to the pie becomes less and less useful, as it is very quickly swollowed up by the existing customers.

One quick thing I will say, because I know it is leading to it.

If your unhappy, move to another provider. Yes indeed, these providers cost more money, but that's the big arm waver. To provide the service your after, ti ultimatly costs more money.
16 REPLIES
N/A

Given that IMO customers expect good performance across the board from their ISP and not just the basics I feel that that those of us who use P2P applications should be given a better shake of the stick than we are at the moment.

I cannot swallow that the effects of P2P are so deleterious to Plusnet that they need to shape and reduce peak speeds in the drastic way they do.

What about a new product for us?Huh
N/A

The problem is, there is only one pie.

As you increase the amount of the pie reserved for P2P use, you have to decrease the amoutn available to other applications.
Alecto
Grafter

There's one already.
It's called Broadband Premier.
Problem is that Pn don't have enough capacity active to service it properly.
So they are trying to propagate the message that P2P is sinful and needs managing.
Nonsense I know, but the alternative will cost them money.
N/A

The problem is, there is only one pie.

As you increase the about of the pie reserved for P2P use, you have to decrease the amoutn available to other applications.

Bigger pie needed :lol:
N/A

Smaller avatar needed Cheesy
N/A

Smaller avatar needed Cheesy

Indeed Shockedops:
N/A

So why not give customers the choice of paying more for less restriction/capping QoS or whatever.....

If your unhappy, move to another provider. Yes indeed, these providers cost more money, but that's the big arm waver. To provide the service your after, ti ultimatly costs more money.

So are PN after just low users and want rid of higher users?

When I joined I was told it was OK to use your connection as little or as much as you want given the restrictions of contention

Why did they set the cost of 2MB broadband at 21.99 and not keep it set at 29.99 for those who want higher usage

I can't fault my connection its solid fast and reliable I can fault PN for the way they've handled FUP, SUP etc etc

Most agree (me included) that there has to be some sort of control, but it's not so much the control it's the way it is being introduced, and changed at a whim almost daily and without the promised tools for customers to keep check of peak time usage Cry

A little straight talking from PN and less spin and blame would'nt go a miss
Community Veteran

That is quite true, if you have your finance model set such that it creates a disproportionate level of profit compared to expenses.

If Plusnet set their profit per customer/per pipe model at a more realistic level, then they would be able to afford a bigger pie for people to share.

It still may not be enough for everyone to have a full speed P2P service or Usenet - but with a bigger pie, the levels to which people would need to be throttled (starved of their pie) could be more generous.
N/A

Who ate all the pies anyway. There was one in the fridge this morning and now...gone :?:
N/A

:idea: Forget the pie: start slicing up the cake!
N/A

:idea: Forget the pie: start slicing up the cake!

Let them eat cake! :lol:

Battenburg or Chocolate?
kitz
Rising Star

Cake

Let them eat cake!

Battenburg or Chocolate?

lmao... that made me laugh

reason... years ago I used to visit a "friend" who wasnt particulary PC savvy, so over a cuppa and a chat, I normally ended up fixing something or other on her PC.

My "reward" always used to be battenburg cake as for some reason she thought it was my fav
(maybe it was at one time?) but I got sick of the damn stuff.

-oops sorry OT... outa here before the mods get me ;o)
N/A

oh, a nutcake, eh? Wink
N/A

I have to say , I have come the conclusion that the reason the facility to check your peak/off peak usage seperately has not been made available is that PN want to use this as an excuse to throttle people!!
i mean , they could tell all of us that use over 30GB that our peak time usage has exceeded their FUS, Cap our usage and how could we argue?
Then the Cake/Pie could be left the same size , but they could fit more than 4 & 20 Blackbirds in it!!