cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet CS leaving a lot to be desired

kosh2
Grafter

An on-going problem with my father-in-law and Plusnet continues. He failed to get an adsl service and it was determined that he was too far fromthe exchange. So Plusnet said they would stop the service.

However they have never told him when they were terminating the service nor have they bothered to mention anything about a refund. I know the account is down because I cant log into it either

My father in law has never had an adsl service from Plusnet yet was charged for several months.

I wonder if anyone in Plusnet is reading this?If so I challenge you to improve your customer service and also give back the money you have stolen from him. Clearly you do not respond to his phone calls and emails.

This new situation has now gone on for two weeks. I WILL NEVER REFER ANYONE TO PLUSNET AGAIN.
9 REPLIES
N/A

Longer lines will now be allowed since MaxDSL will drop synch rate to 192kBit/sec. If you try the BT checker on the line you will see what I mean. So well worth pointing out to PN that MaxDSL should work even though 512K IPstream will not.

(My parent's v long line has been running 512K for several months, but it drops out every now and again and loses connection completely when the weather is v bad. I did not complain about this - if I did BT would flag the line as too long & refuse support. But I expect when they get MaxDSL the line will become rock-steady - though at a lower data rate.)
brucerichards
Dabbler

I agree I raised the ticket below but it appears that the agent who delt with it never read it.

[Support Wizard Journey] [Wizard NOT followed] [Other Query] -- [Additional Information] Have I been upgraded to MAX ADSL My speeds have changed but I recieved an email stating "We will endeavour to submit your order ASAP. You will receive an email when the order is placed and another when it completes. " But I have not received further emails to inform me of any progress.
4:19pm, Monday 15th May 2006

Dear Mr Richards,
I have now completed some maintenance on your account, please reboot your connection and you should see higher speeds.

All iasked was had I bben upgraded to MAXdsl

Strange
kosh2
Grafter

Many thanks for the replies re maxDSL. I agrtee with this.

However the central issue is not getting ADSL. Frankly my father-in-law has no interest in getting it via Plusnet. The issue is that plusnet never told him they were terminating his account and secondly they have not contacted him, despite emails etc, re the refund.

I notice no one from plusnet is responding.
N/A

Ok, if PN are being ignorant my advice would be to telephone the Telecoms Ombudsman Otello, the first thing they will probably do is to direct you to do will be to write a formal written complaint via snail mail to PlusNet's official complaints department, Otello keeps records of the appropriate addresses for this, and to keep a copy of the letter you send to them, then the standard I think is to allow them 28 days to reply however if they do not or the reply is not to your satisfaction you can contact Otello again and they can step in as mediator in the dispute, and you can rest assured if that happens PN will sit up and take notice because Otello I believe has some actual power not to meantion the clout the carry as being the Government Telecoms Ombudsman.

I think all the details in this post are accurate but best to talk to Otello about it, I had to one with a previous provider and the people there were friendly and helpful explained the procedure and the process to me so may be worth talking to them.
kosh2
Grafter

Thanks, I'll pass that on. I have also threatened this action in a ticket to them.

As ever no reply from any of them on this forum.
N/A

Well as I suggested, check with Otello first for adivce but an official letter may be your best option next, as I say that is something you have a copy of recorded and that forces them to do something even if that something is to ignore your letter or to fob you off, but if they do that it opens a new avenue for you.

The thing with Otello is before they can do more than advice although that allone is a great help they do require that you exhaust the companies complaints procedure first which normally includes a formal letter stage but Otello holds details on each companies procedure, once that is exhausted you have the power to escallate it to Otello properly, then PN have to listen or find themselves in a situation with someone far bigger than they are.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Details of how to complain are given in this post.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Always best to complain to PN following the official channels, rather than in this forum - which is mainly frequented by customers - with just the occasional PN Staffer showing his\her face [avatar] around here.
kosh2
Grafter

Sadly complaining to Plusnet seems to draw no responce so via email or phone calls.

Guess its the oftel route next.