cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Broadband and Phoneline.

N/A

They've removed the pre-release prices but if I recall, CLI was ~£1.50 a month. Wholesale price is obviously cheaper - but it just shows they get charged by BT for it.

Stuff you have currently like CLI, ex-directory, 1571, are transferred in like-for-like. I would like to think I would be able to chose stuff I do and dont want before signing up and overide the existing stuff I have on my BT line
7 REPLIES
N/A

Just thinking ahead here....

Now, moving broadband is no problem.

But what if I also signup up for the new Plusnet phone line service. Is that easy to move to a new address aswell if the new address does'nt have a telecommunications service provider?
JonathanW
Grafter

It should be fairly simple to move the line as well, should you go ahead and switch to our offering once it becomes available.
Community Veteran

Just another thought along similar lines - what if you wanted to move your ADSL from PN what would happen then? Would PN keep the voice line or would the customer have to find a new provider.
N/A

I guess you'd have to go find another provider - they explicitly state you must have a PN broadband service before you can get the phone package. Even though the phone product doesn't explicitly rely on having a PN broadband connection :?
kazket
Dabbler

If I take the phone service, do I keep caller-display etc., or will there be extra charges?
kazket
Dabbler

Costs me nothing with BT?Huh
N/A

While Caller Display (1471, and BT Answer) cost nothing (Caller Display as part of the BT Privacy option, and depends on making a few calls on BT) there are other facilities which some firms offer at competitive rates.

For example, on BT, line rental is 11.00, and ACR costs 4.00 on top.
On Bulldog, line rental (including caller display) is 10.50, ACR is 1.50.

As it happens, I don't use Call Waiting, Reminder Calls, Call Divert, etc. At present I am not using ACR, mostly because I think it costs too much (I can see if a call is shown as "withheld" and decide if I want to let it be picked up by my answerphone, or just ignore it).

Switching from BT if you have a number of network services could cost quite a bit more, as BT "bundles" a number of services together, at fairly low prices.

However, it's not just the network services but phone calls too... So there are quite a few variables to consider.