cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Blacklisted?

Robtheplod
Grafter

Plusnet Blacklisted?

I've had reports from several colleagues that say they are getting emails bounce saying that 212.159.14.214 has been blacklisted. I thought this was relay.plus.net but apparently not??!!

cheers
7 REPLIES
Robtheplod
Grafter

Plusnet Blacklisted?

anyone any idea's ? - it is a plusnet server isnt it ?Huh
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Plusnet Blacklisted?

Can you raise a ticket with the information about this on please, we need the full headers and body of a bounced email so we can identify why it has been blacklisted and which organisation has blacklisted us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
mlavende
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Plusnet Blacklisted?

Can you raise a ticket with the information about this on please, we need the full headers and body of a bounced email so we can identify why it has been blacklisted and which organisation has blacklisted us.

While I don't have the details here (I'm in work) I can tell you that we're blacklisted on AOL since whenever I email my Dad it gets bounced. Can't remember the error but when I googled it, the result indicated I needed to talk to PN who need to talk to AOL and get us removed from the 'Spam List'

Cheers

-Mat
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Plusnet Blacklisted?

We have a number of different email servers and unfortunately need to know which one is listed before we can contact AOL to get this removed. If you can add the info to a ticket when you get back from work we can get this passed to the networks guys.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Plusnet Blacklisted?

AOL will not blacklist mail, rather they will use a service like Spamcop or Sorb. I would have thought it quite easy to check these.

The other day I tried to send myself a message from a hotmail account and it bounced. (test22@mydomain.plus.com)

I tried it 3 times.
N/A

Plusnet Blacklisted?

I run my own mail server and I found that AOL will only accept email from isp mail servers. So for AOL addresses I have to set up a rule to deliver using PN servers.

Not sure if Spamcop or Sorb offer this rDNS filtering.
N/A

Plusnet Blacklisted?

Well I do know that AOL do not use the usual port 25 as a spam prevention measure which throws some servers.

http://postmaster.aol.com/faq/port25faq.html