Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusTalk quality

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusTalk quality

Up until recently I always had good voice quality on PlusTalk when it was working. Then there was the problem a couple of weeks ago when it did not work at all and since it returned I have notice the voice quality has got quite bad, distorted.

I am using a Grandstream GXP - 2000 and the quality is OK Sipgate. Anyone else noticed this problem of voice quality?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

PlusTalk quality

Don't use voice (despite VMU saying I do) but if you look at these forums you will notice that bandwidth is being severely throttled (restricted) which will be the primary cause of your voice quality being reduced.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Liam
Grafter

PlusTalk quality

Actually, we're rate limiting VoIP to 192kbps on a per user level. This should have no impact as 64kbps is enough for a single channel voice call stream.

Unless you are making multiple calls at the same time, the rate limit would have no impact at all - though we are looking to remove it later on today.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusTalk quality

If that was the case it would affect all VOIP providers and it's not Spigate is OK.
Community Veteran

PlusTalk quality

So another "titanium service" having restrictions applied that "should" not affect things.

This really is becoming a sorry state of affairs now. I know the gaming restrictions are to be lifted, an the reasons for them, but placing any kind of limits on the traffic classed as absolute highest priority really does smack of penny pinching on bandwidth.