cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusTalk Query

N/A

PlusTalk Query

Having gotten bored of fragging on BF2 this dull grey boring Bonk Helliday Mundane, I decided to start toying around with PlusTalk, having seen that we Premier customers get 250 mins free....

So off I trotted to the web site and downloaded xlite and configured appropriately following the instructions. I then tried to call my house number only to be greeted by some "Northern Tyke" woman informing me I had run out of credit.....

Can anyone explain how I would go about claiming my 250 minutes free or have I been mislead.............or am I simply stupid........?
9 REPLIES
N/A

PlusTalk Query

Have you been into My Account => Account details and activated plustalk?

M
N/A

PlusTalk Query

Yup...all my details are there...the application is configured correctly and it shows as connected but I cant make calls....

Anyone from CS care to comment?

*tumbleweed*

Ah! Bank Holiday!!! They'll all be in the pub!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

PlusTalk Query

Which account type are you on, Broadband Premier Option 1 or Broadband Premier Up to 2Mbps (you can check in Account Details). If the latter then you can either wait until your next billing date when the account will change over and add PlusTalk or change the account type yourself via the Upgrade link at the top of the page.
N/A

PlusTalk Query

Thx Dave...

Would appear that you drew the short straw to cover then! :lol: :lol:

I've already passed my last billing date (4th) when I should have been upgraded by my understanding. Although things seem to change quite often around here....Guess I'll wait until the 4th of this month and see if it upgrades all on its lonesome.
N/A

PlusTalk Query

There appears to be some confusion over the free minutes.

I found that activating PlusTalk does not give you the free minutes. A second icon appears in your "Account Details" that is also labelled "Activate PlusTalk". This activates your free minutes.

I have already taken this up with CS via a "contact us" ticket. Hopefully they will change the label to show "Activate PlusTalk120" or "Activate PlusTalk240", whichever is appropriate.
jagger
Grafter

PlusTalk Query

I'm now on Premier Option 1 (or whatever it's called this week) apparently.

I don't have the second "activate" button.

I don't have any "free" minutes.

I don't have any control over Plus Talk in my account.

I don't use Plus Talk,and won't be starting any time soon.

I don't care any more.

Just a short edit:

I found the control buried deep in the member centre rubbish,and switched Plus Silence off.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That's better.

(PS, this message took 106.894 seconds to post.So the portal is working as usual.....)
N/A

PlusTalk Query

There have been a number of problems over the last month with the free minutes not showing up, there have been a number of posts in the PlusTalk forum and here concerning this. I initially 'activated' PlusTalk but always received the message stating I didn't have any credit, after raising a ticket it was resolved. It would appear that whatever the cause of this problem was hasn't been resolved fully.
jagger
Grafter

PlusTalk Query

I just resolved it Cheesy
Community Veteran

PlusTalk Query

A second icon appears in your "Account Details" that is also labelled "Activate PlusTalk". This activates your free minutes.

Thanks for pointing this out. Not that I can use PlusTalk at the moment on account of my ADSL bridge/modem 'locking up' if I try to use it and not able to have its settings changed. However, I am eagerly awaiting delivery of a nice new router which should do the trick. I was wondering why I couldn't see any reference to 120 minutes (I'm on PAYG) but have now activated it and see it in my PlusTalk account details.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls