cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet what are you on

N/A

PlusNet what are you on

I was on home surf for years and a couple of months ago I had a long look at the other products available and decided to ring the service department for some advice because I could not see much difference between Home Surf and Broadband Plus apart from a static IP address and less web space, so I was advised by a young lady on the phone that the products were basically the same (she also checked my usage and said it was very low anyway) and the plus fact that Broadband Plus was a little cheaper, so I went for it, and today I received this email:

“It has come to our attention that your usage so far this month has exceeded
the product design of Broadband Plus. To enable us to monitor your usage in
more detail you have been assigned a static IP address. There will be no
further changes to your service at this time.

In December we published an update on PlusNet's vision for 2006 and, as
stated, we have now implemented improved network management to help us deal
more effectively with heavy usage customers. This ensures that all
customers receive the service they are paying for. Customers downloading
more than the product is designed for will see downloads at peak times get
progressively slower as this usage continues”.

Well all I can say is I listen to internet radio which I have always done and surf the net and download my Anti-Virus definitions and the odd program, THE BIG QUESTION IS WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY BROADBAND SEND ONE EMAIL A WEEK, what a load of crap PlusNet u get worse, I was ready for a good moan tonight on the phone, but I got the message “you are in a queue and the expected waiting time is 30 minuets”.
14 REPLIES
___oDiN__
Grafter

PlusNet what are you on

your usage must have exceeded 5gb in peak time to have recieved that email,
any traffic 12am to 8am isnt counted so if your downloading its best to schedual for then for it not to effect your peak time usage.

you can always upgrade to the new paygo 19.99 with 10gb or premier if you feel your regular peak usage will exceed 5gb and you dont want your speeds reduced with management
N/A

PlusNet what are you on

Hello odinsrealm many thanks for your answer, I don’t understand it, I am doing nothing different since I signed up quite a few years back what a load of old tripe.
Not a happy PlusNet user
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

PlusNet what are you on

What does VMBU say you have used?

Member Centre> My Account> Connection Settings> View My Usage

(There have been some emails going out in error)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

PlusNet what are you on

Some emails have been sent out in error so you may be oneof the users that got one of those.
You can check your usage by going to Connection settings on the left and then clicking on the View my usage icon.
Community Veteran

PlusNet what are you on

It is management reset emails that are going out in error. This one relates to BB+ and switching the user to a static IP address for future management which is unrelated to the problem as far as I know.
N/A

PlusNet what are you on

It states 3.78GB this month
Community Veteran

PlusNet what are you on

Then you must have received one of the eroneous ones Sad
N/A

PlusNet what are you on

Are thanks johnessex very kind of you to reply I feel happier now Cheesy
Community Veteran

PlusNet what are you on

As I stated above this may be something different.

Check your router/modem and see what IP address you are on. Then disconnect, wait a few mins, then /reconnect your ADSL line and see if you get the same IP. If so, the email was valid and you are on a static IP.

When was your billing date?

PN monitor usage throughout your billing month and if, during it, it looks like you may exceed the 5GB peak allowance, they will put you on a static IP to monitor your usage more carefully and allow them to apply traffic management at the point you do exceed the allowances.
N/A

PlusNet what are you on

Hi I tried the router reboot earlier and I am not on a static IP dress, any way if I get any more hassle from PlusNet in any way in the future I will migrate to AOL without any hesitation.
N/A

PlusNet what are you on

I mean IP Address I don’t wear a dress
Sproglet
Grafter

PlusNet what are you on

Hey what you do in your spare time is entirely up to you dude :twisted:
N/A

PlusNet what are you on

So, interesting! Wonder if those static management IP dresses are also worn by Premier people...Mmmmm could explain a few things. :?
___oDiN__
Grafter

PlusNet what are you on

Hi I tried the router reboot earlier and I am not on a static IP dress, any way if I get any more hassle from PlusNet in any way in the future I will migrate to AOL without any hesitation.

i thought u wanted to go somewhere without hassel
Shocked :shock: Shocked