Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet's customer service focus

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Anyone seen this and this?

Just about says it all really. Probably one of my shortest posts - basically because I am speechless :x
71 REPLIES
N/A

MASTERCARD

Mastercard for all the times you want to Alienate your customer base.

PRICELESS.
N/A

There is or was nothing in that post to alienate any member of the customer base.

The post relates to an ongoing situation which has been developing on AG for some time.

The comments are directed towards a number of AG posters, who are not current customers of PN and some who have never been customers, yet seem to find time to continually lambast Plusnet to the detriment of real customers in genuine need of help, advice or assistance.

This issue relates to ADSL Guide only and as such is not really feedback or support for this board.
bluewhale
Grafter

if you don't realise the PR damage that's just been done to plusnet then what can I say...

yes i understand that there's been a lot of axe grinding etc going on, but ...
Laugh
Grafter

In many ways he has a valid point - provided he is talking about customers (or ex-customers) who are 'trying it on'. As a manager who is standing up for this team I also applaud him. His method of telling his staff not to post is unorthodox, definately a gamble, but is ballsy enough to just work!

If he is talking about customers who cannot connect and cannot get in touch with the Support Team because the phone lines are clogged, then he is a verbose prat! I hope he isn't. People who cannot connect and who cannot contact PlusNet have every right to be annoyed and have every right to vent that annoyance on forums. If this is the case then his job as MARKETING Director will become extremely busy, because customers will be giving the two finger (or even 1 finger) salute and leaving in droves.....
James
Grafter

Not at all. We cannot and will not complain about our customers having complaints.

On ADSLGuide there are a number of people that are not our customers, with an agenda of their own. This means that we can spend more time focusing on our customers in here and other places rather than being drawn into petty debates.
N/A

Hmm

The comments are directed towards a number of AG posters, who are not current customers of PN and some who have never been customers, yet seem to find time to continually lambast Plusnet to the detriment of real customers in genuine need of help, advice or assistance.

I suggest each customer buy one share, you then get voting rights and also the right to go to the AGM.

ok on the basis that the AG wasn't a offical support channel, why in the name of someother godly being were they wasting time @ AG

I want support and i want it in here. i dont wan't to wait days for a response on a ticket, or over 1 hour on the phone to get cut off.
N/A

If he is talking about customers who cannot connect and cannot get in touch with the Support Team because the phone lines are clogged,

Absolutely not.

The comments are directed at those to whom you refer in your first paragraph and no-one else.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Hmm, I can see both sides of the argument (and Mark I take your point).

I understand that it is a separate forum, and I'd imagine it is considerably less moderated than this one. I don't read ASDL guide too often, but I am pretty sure one of the individuals in question was one who had his ASDL service forcibly terminated from PlusNet as they complained too much on these forms. Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember reading strongly worded posts on there recently from PlusNet - I may have completely the wrong of the stick (so as I say correct me if I am wrong).

If genuine customers need support then fine, if it is at the expense of others who are not customers then I can see something needs to be done. I feel that even the trend of this board may be going that way - it is all to easy to say "We're making loads of improvements, though we've made some mistakes, but this is too much effort and we're withdrawing support", rather than address the issues at hand.

I just hope this board doesn't go the same way.
Community Veteran

If he is talking about customers who cannot connect and cannot get in touch with the Support Team ...

My reading of this was that he was not targetting his comments at that type of user as they are current active customers. His comments were aimed squarely at non-customers, to an extent ex-customers as they are also non-customers.

The crux of the message to me really just meant he found the views/discussion on ADSLguide was mostly no longer useful or constructive. Which is a fair point.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

I honestly cant see it. Whilst things get a bit strained and heated at times, the same issues which affected AG dont apply here, so that isnt likely.

By way of an update and to perhaps add a litle bit more insight, the UserGroup have released an article which can be viewed here
vic_newey
Grafter

There is or was nothing in that post to alienate any member of the customer base.

This issue relates to ADSL Guide only and as such is not really feedback or support for this board.

I think I have to agree with this entirely, I had to read thru the MD statement twice to make sure it wasn't someones idea of a wind up but its clearly written by an educated man & beyond the capabilities of some of the AG posters .

Sure there are problems & the mail fiasco takes some believing but the majority of complaints revolve round speed & connection faults which more often than not are down to BT & maxdsl & you only have to read the forums of any of the big ISP's to see more of the same. On all the occasions when I have contacted CS I have always got a reply within a reasonable time & this inc. very recently, perhaps its my nice attitude that gets me a response :mrgreen:
bluewhale
Grafter

the point i was making was that it would have been best to have done this quietly, ie maybe subtle posts that support for issues could be found over here

rather than what comes across as a bit of a rant and has only added to plusnets -ve publicity...

however i can only imagine how tough things are in plusnet at the moment, i for one don't envy them and although i've had trouble recently and moaned quite loudly i do hope plusnet comes through this period

i feel that with half the share value ebing wiped and dirty tactics by the likes of sky then ...
N/A

...This means that we can spend more time focusing on our customers in here and other places rather than being drawn into petty debates.

PlusNet agents shouldn't have abandoned this forum for the ADSL forum in the first place. It never failed to amaze me that an important announcement would quite often be posted on the ADSL Guide forums and not the official PlusNet forums.

I think, in some perverse way, certain PlusNet staff enjoyed posting on the ADSL Guide forums because they could let rip and have fun baiting people.

Now that the Marketing Director had publicly ordered you all not to play on the ADSL Guide forums, the official forum may get some faster responses. Wink
N/A

There's always Plusnetters. Friendly place also. Smiley