Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet please admit that the problem....Part 2

kreynolds
Grafter

As my original thread

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53296

has gone to 35 pages and has now been locked, I am starting part 2 of this thread

Briefly, at the time of originally starting the thread there were 17 different speed related threads on the forum, all of which were highlighting a common speed issue on across the PN range of a ccounts both on IPStream and LLU, yet PN were at the time not admitting that there were problems occurring.
42 REPLIES
MacOS10
Grafter

As you'll see from your earlier thread, PlusNet have admited they know there's a problem - in fact, they created the problem deliberately to punish us for actually using the Internet too much. That'll learn us!

As for when, or if, the problem is fixed... well, don't hold your breath.
sam
Grafter

in fact, they created the problem deliberately to punish us for actually using the Internet too much

We are in no way punishing anyone for using the internet too much, we are just trying to make sure that people are getting the service they are paying for.

Before you all start jumping on me saying that this is not true, Plus customers are getting the 18% of the network that they are paying for just like premier and PAYG customers.

The situation is not ideal and there is constant discussion by the guys upstairs about this. We are not taking this lightly and we are working on resolving the issue. More capacity is being budgeted for users and part of this will be effective when the new pipe is lit. This is not going to happen today, or even next week but will be soon.

I appreciate the problems you guys are facing and hope that you will give us the chance to sort the problem out and provide a better service allround.
N/A

Are people getting problems just doing basic surfing? Someone who lives a few streets away using a different exchange reports no problems to what I'm having. I couldn't even log onto the speed test, nor the BBC for that matter. It looks as though its going to load, but few minutes later, I get the timed out page.
Liam
Grafter

On your account, and with your usage - no, you shouldn't be seeing those issues.

Are you seeing general slowdowns? Can you perform a speedtest at http://speedtester.bt.com ? It could be that you're affected by DNS issues? Is it still happening?
rammie1976
Grafter

I'm on BB+ I can surf during the day @ c.1800kbs on a 2MB account. I've used about 750MB peak after about 10 days.

However come late afternoon things start to slow down. Last night at 2030 I was surfing at ISDN speed! Evil
N/A

Pffft, I'm stuck on 120kb/s all day.

Monday:

Yesterday:

Today:
kreynolds
Grafter

- in fact, they created the problem deliberately to punish us for actually using the Internet too much. That'll learn us!

Somehow I can't see a PN deliberately creating the problem, that would be commercial suicide. For some of the issues, maybe with the benefit of hindsight these could have been better managed and forseen.
Neil_A
Grafter

That's because you are on BB Plus using an average of 7GB at peak and 80GB off-peak over the last 3 months. You need to upgrade to Premier or PAYG and pay for the service you are using.

Its amazing how many customers are pretending they are light users in this forum.
N/A

Unfortunately for us, some of us are light users and still are somewhat slowed. HTTP Speeds last night were pretty poor, and I'm a little over 2Gb into my allowance.
Uncle_Meat
Grafter

That's because you are on BB Plus using an average of 7GB at peak and 80GB off-peak over the last 3 months. You need to upgrade to Premier or PAYG and pay for the service you are using.

Its amazing how many customers are pretending they are light users in this forum.

Name and Shame! Or at least take this into account when speedtest diagnostics, and replies to such are posted. At least it'll give some of the other users a decent comparison and diagnostic as to whether their speed issues are down to network problems/exchange, or just plain overuse of their account, and it'll give the light users a chance to explain "No, it's not my usage which is the problem. I shouldn't be seeing the same as Mr. 10Gb Peak, 75Gb Off.."

Just for the record, as I've posted before, I was a light BB+ user, with average 1.5Gb peak and around 7Gb off-peak usage, and off-peak HTTP speeds were always fine. When I upgraded my account this morning, I was 1.1Gb into peak (all those peak-time speedtests bumping it up slightly..), and 2.5Gb into off-peak usage.

It was the increasing creakiness of the peak-time period which persuaded me to give Prem a chance, not so much the extra allowed bandwidth... Although, I'm sure the extra bit of freedom associated with Prem will come in handy here and there. Time will tell...
rammie1976
Grafter

...and in my case and that of others who haven't gone over the limit +net told them they were *entitled* toHuh

You've oversold a product you can't service and now you're yet again back-tracking with pedantry over the wording 'light use'.

I'm glad I've got my MAC and am out of here - money talks!
N/A

The only amazing thing is how genuine light users (625.53MB this month Peak, less than 3 gigs a month Peak for the last three months) are being totally shafted.
N/A

Well perhaps you should name and shame? Or at least provide a plug-in on the forum to display usage stats in the author column so that this wouldn't be such a big problem for you... and so we could see for ourselves whether you're "pretending" that people are "pretending"...

EDIT: Oh, and it also might help if PN actually published the REAL allowances for their products -- so that people might be able to see whether they are LIGHT users in PN's eyes...
Liam
Grafter

Well perhaps you should name and shame? Or at least provide a plug-in on the forum to display usage stats in the author column so that this wouldn't be such a big problem for you... and so we could see for ourselves whether you're "pretending" that people are "pretending"...

Funny you should say that... ;-)