cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet now blame US for 0808 dialling problems

Barry_Doe
Grafter

PlusNet now blame US for 0808 dialling problems

I thought it would come to this! Many of us have complained about 0808 dialling problems. We were asked to send logs. I did so. After 3 weeks BT said they had tried and found nothing wrong - they did not use the logs it seems. I asked PlusNet what was the point of the logs, but they failed to say and closed the ticket.

I open another and asked what we do next. 'Tell us the time of day when it's worst' I was told. I did -it's 1500 onwards when it gets bad and usually not weekends.

So BT tried again - for just 10 minutes at 1500 one afternoon and found no problem. STILL I asked 'what about those logs' but still PlusNet do not say.

Now, today, I have PlusNet's official reponse: As we have no problem and BT has no problem it must be your own equipment. So, to all of you out there who have had 0808 dialling problems for the last 5 or 6 weeks - it's all the fault of our computers!

What utter rubbish. How do we convince PlusNet there is a real problem?

Barry Doe

7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PlusNet now blame US for 0808 dialling problems

...and that is the exact reason I have cancelled my account with them, I have no 0808 issues with my new ISP

N/A

The logs are always passed on with the original fault to BT. BT then connect to your exchange to the same modems you connect on. If they can connect and surf a number of times without fault. Then they cannot replicate the error. This means that the fault is likely to be either the users line or equipment.

Kind regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Barry_Doe
Grafter

> The logs are always passed on with the original fault to BT. BT then connect to your exchange to the same modems you connect on. If they can connect and surf a number of times without fault. Then they cannot replicate the error. This means that the fault is likely to be either the users line or equipment.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Kevin
>
> --
> | Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

As it's not my equipment what do you mean by the users line? BT have checked that and all is well - gain etc all up. Did you note the message above from the chap who says that's why he left PlusNet?

This is very diappointing. It is clear PlusNet is not going to bother to do anything about this wide-spread problem - yet a week ago someone from support ADMITTED there was a problem and said PlusNet treated it seriously.

Barry
Barry_Doe
Grafter

> ...and that is the exact reason I have cancelled my account with them, I have no 0808 issues with my new ISP
>
>

Are you willing to reveal the ISP so we can know to whom to go for decent service?

Barry
N/A

Barry,
We're not saying this is the case across the board - but in the case of your fault, BT and ourselves have done extensive testing and found no fault. This is done from us dialling with your username and password (to check the account is set up correctly this end) and BT by checking from your exchange to us (to ensure routing integrity across the FRIACO network). The only other places the fault could lie is therefore your physical line or your equipment.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Barry_Doe
Grafter

> Barry,
>
> We're not saying this is the case across the board - but in the case of your fault, BT and ourselves have done extensive testing and found no fault. This is done from us dialling with your username and password (to check the account is set up correctly this end) and BT by checking from your exchange to us (to ensure routing integrity across the FRIACO network). The only other places the fault could lie is therefore your physical line or your equipment.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

Mike,

I joined PlusNet 7 months ago and all was absolutely 100% perfect until early last month when the problem started. At the same time posts appeared here from Aberdeen to Penzance saying all over the country that 0808 dialling was getting a problem late afternoons and evenings.

Do you really imagine that suddenly all over Britain equipment just happened to go wrong? Or BT local lines just happened to create the same problems all over?

What could possibly have happened to my machine that a good service became a poor one for dialling in early May?

I have recommended PlusNet to several people. I have asked them how they find it and they all say it wass excellent early this year but I now find dialling a problem.

I just can't accept that it is our fault. As it gets through to your computer and then fails to authorise I prefer to think it yours. I'm open to any suggestions that will solve the problem but as yet you have offered none whatsoever.

Barry

Barry
>
> --
> | Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support......................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net

oliverb
Grafter

FWIW I think someone at BT is telling porky pies...

I am getting consistant modem connections provided there is a direct connection to the line, and the connection failures I experienced earlier in the year appeared to have ceased.

BUT ...

When I examined logs back then I found that the negotiation was failing at a specific point in PPP negotiation, long after the modem had connected successfully.

The fault I observed appears to lie with CHAP authentication and may be an incompatibility problem.

> The logs are always passed on with the original fault to BT. BT then connect to your exchange to the same modems you connect on. If they can connect and surf a number of times without fault. Then they cannot replicate the error. This means that the fault is likely to be either the users line or equipment.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Kevin
>
> --
> | Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net