Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet is evolving

James
Grafter

PlusNet is evolving

PlusNet is evolving.

This morning we will begin emailing all customers about the evolution of our Customer Support services. We have been working hard to find the best way we can continue to provide excellent and responsive customer and technical support as our customer base grows.

In recent months, I'm sure customers will have seen that at times we have had backlogs of support queries. Our plans aim to address this by putting us in a position to provide quick and quality responses to the important questions and problems people have, while helping customers find other information they need about our services from more appropriate sources.

Please see this page for a preview of the email:

http://www.plus.net/features/news/evolving_world.shtml

We will spend the morning collating all of your questions and will look to publish an FAQ based on these over the course of the afternoon.
73 REPLIES
IanD
Grafter

PlusNet is evolving

Wonder how we are going to get the email as it is down?

Here's hoping there will be positive news and a real attempt to get back to the standards that PlusNet used to represent. Smiley
channel
Grafter

PlusNet is evolving

So, that's it then: The final differentiator for Plus Net from the rest of the market has disappeared.

I'm off.

Goodbye!
Alecto
Grafter

PlusNet is evolving

Oh dear.
I'd have called it Plusnet to get Premium Rate Support Line!
I'd retreat into the bunker if I were you.
Grimbo
Grafter

PlusNet is evolving

As a Plusnet / F9 customer for 8 years, may I politely suggest that the staff there spend less time writing thesis and future plans and more time getting the bloody email working.
Grimbo
Grafter

PlusNet is evolving

Wow! b100dy is a censored word?

"PC gone mad!"
N/A

PlusNet is evolving

Wonder how we are going to get the email as it is down?

You could click on the link and read it....

Anyway: In short does that mean the online ticket system is going? Or does it say alot and mean not alot of changes other than an additional method for getting hold of PN?
N/A

PlusNet is evolving

So no-one from PlusNet has time to address the outage last night or the problems this morning, but they have time to come onto the forums and tell us this!!

It means that PlusNet will be able to redirect anything that they think is advice rather than core support to a paid-for service. If this really does improve the quality of the core support service, great. Maybe PlusNet will be able to afford to train some of the frontline staff to be able to answer questions (at the moment most seem less informed and able to give any support than half the customers here) and employ real network engineers that monitor the network.

I fear this announcement is not exactly what customers were hoping for though. I guess only time will tell.
James
Grafter

PlusNet is evolving

The email server isn't the responsibility of the MArketing team. I can assure you that the Network team is currently working on the email server as a matter of urgency.

Can I please ask that this thread doesn't become the latest anti plusnet thread, and that you provide some reasonable feedback that we can address in our FAQ this afternoon?
Community Veteran

PlusNet is evolving

Of course, I assume. If the problem is found to be with PN (or their suppliers), the cost of that call will be refunded.

Is this correct?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

PlusNet is evolving

Why not have a scam 09 number, because that is what 50p/minute virtually is? :lol:
IanD
Grafter

PlusNet is evolving

Just read it and not at all happy. This beats all the other cuts in service imposed recently and now they are going to start charging for parts of support.

Looks like PlusNet are no longer interested in being a market leader and are now out to make a quick profit whatever the cost in consumer terms.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

PlusNet is evolving

Why do the terms "wedge" and "thin end of" spring to mind when I read this
That’s why we are setting up a consultancy phone line where the web site information can be discussed if necessary. We plan to charge 50p per minute to cover the cost of training our team and providing this service.
N/A

PlusNet is evolving

The final differentiator for Plus Net from the rest of the market has disappeared.

But its not. Its still there.
This is in addition to and an enhancement of current support provision.

Its not a replacement or a degradation tbh.

As James has said, feedback would be beneficial so that the relevant questions can be answered.

To that end I would ask that any response could be reasoned and constructive. pretty please. Smiley
Grimbo
Grafter

PlusNet is evolving

The email server isn't the responsibility of the MArketing team. I can assure you that the Network team is currently working on the email server as a matter of urgency.

With respect - thats my point....

Plusnet seem to be concentrating so much on marketing these days yet the infrastructure has never been in such a bad state.

Perhaps they should be allocating some of the time/resources spend on marketing back into support/infrastructure.

I'll shut up now as requested.