Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet is 10!

Mand
Grafter

PlusNet is 10!

Morning all,

Today sees PlusNet's 10th birthday, and to celebrate we have loads of stuff going on, including giving you the chance to win a new car.

This page here gives more info about the offer, along with other news, and you can find a quick rundown of the last 10 years here

Smiley
47 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

PlusNet is 10!

I see the highlights don't mention the surf time cull.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/02/01/plusnet_boots_1100_users/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rslsys
Grafter

PlusNet is 10!

I assume the Golf R32 will have a speed limiter installed in case it is used at peak time.

Or better still, if the new owner does more than 10,000 miles a year, this will be deemed "unacceptable use" and the car will be taken away from them.

It will also randomly slow down to crawling pace for no apparent reason before suddenly regaining top speed. (Subject to the Speed Limiter!)

All the cars faults will be laid at the door of the Highways Agency regardless of what they might be.

Cheesy

Happy Birthday. Don't set fire to anything with all those candles Wink
N/A

PlusNet is 10!

Oh, how much you have to learn... its a new car, up to a new Golf R32 - road conditions may dictate that you can only recieve a Sinclair C5. Tongue

Oh yeah, happy B'Day PN. :lol:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

PlusNet is 10!

LOL, I was about to type the very same thing as @rslsys did before reading the whole thread .. I knew it wouldn't take someone long to come up with that Smiley

Happy Birthday as well!
N/A

Re: PlusNet is 10!

giving you the chance to win a new car.

Now why couldn't PN offer something we all would want/need: like a years free subscription to a different ISP? ;-)
N/A

PlusNet is 10!

One other thing:

The more friends you bring along, the more chance you have of winning.

As much as I might fancy a new car, I would rather maintain my friendships. I suspect most people will agree - the result shall probably be that some selfish loner will win, as he'll have had to have shafted all his friends!!
Community Veteran

PlusNet is 10!

I assume the Golf R32 will have a speed limiter installed in case it is used at peak time.

Each wheel will be like a Central, they can all go at different speeds and will not be balanced ... it will be a bumpy ride! Smiley

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

PlusNet is 10!

Yes, and you have to keep pulling over, stopping and changing them every few hours to try and get a smoother ride.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Community Veteran

PlusNet is 10!

Bah - Id enter, but I like fast cars. lol. Wink

Im going to be ear bashing as many folk as possible, its about time some of them had broadband from PN instead of dialup from BT.

It would make a nice exchange for the TDi Golf. Cheesy
Liam
Grafter

PlusNet is 10!

:-D You guys are cracking us all up. Wink

Very funny ... haw haw ...

:shock:

Cool
The_10th
Grafter

PlusNet is 10!

One other thing:

The more friends you bring along, the more chance you have of winning.

As much as I might fancy a new car, I would rather maintain my friendships. I suspect most people will agree - the result shall probably be that some selfish loner will win, as he'll have had to have shafted all his friends!!

ROFL! :lol:

Hmmm could this be the outcome... :? Wink

Oh, happy burfday PN and many happy responses to tickets Wink
kreynolds
Grafter

PlusNet is 10!

Have Plus Net actually got the spare capacity to fit 10 candles on the cake? Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

PlusNet is 10!

Yup, but not to light them all at the same time. Maybe staggered ignition will do - including some at 4am.

Oh dear this thread is getting cringely awful (have just made cringely a word if it isn't one). I feel ashamed for just making this post Smiley

Happy birthday for tomorrow though.
Liam
Grafter

PlusNet is 10!

Correction : Birthday is actually today :-) (whoops!). First post edited :-)