cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet - have a pat on the back!

N/A

Just thought I'd put a compliment to PlusNet on here. I work in IT and know that people complain far more than they compliment Cheesy

First of all, my migration to Plus was a smooth as anything. It was on-time, efficient and painless (Well, after Bob pushed my order a little - thanks!). Even my call at 6am on migration day to get my username was answered within seconds by someone cheerful & in the UK. I mention this because my last ISP's idea of customer service was 9 - 5 Mon - Fri, coupled with a terrible VoIP phone system to India... And to top it off, they charged 10p a minute for the call... Once they had given me my username they waited on the phone until my router had connected to PlusNet successfully.

Then I noticed that my upload speed was poor. A call to PlusNet at almost midnight turned up another cheerful person (What do PlusNet put in the water coolers?!) who monitored my connection while I tried different firewall settings. 5 minutes later my upload speed had increased from 3 KB/sec to 30 KB/sec - and it was all down to a bad setting in Zone Labs. Nothing to do with PlusNet, but they still helped.

Thirdly around 15:30 yesterday I requested a paid regrade to 2mb, as BT have pushed my DSLAM back from June to August for the free regrades. My order was processed and sent to BT at 17:06. At 06:00 this morning I checked my router "just in case". Lo and behold, a 2mb connection! A quick phone call @ 09:00 got the throttle taken off a PlusNet's end. My regrade took, in total, less than 18 hours!

Quite frankly this is amazing service. I'm so glad that I migrated! Long may these levels of service continue. PlusNet, you should give yourselves a collective pat on the back Cheesy

Cheers

Steve
6 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Welcome to Plusnet, Steve... and welcome to the forums Cheesy
N/A

Sounds like despite the little mishap with Zonealarm, you've had a very good first days with Plusnet Cheesy
N/A

m8, very nice service, ive been with these for 3 years now, and i have got to say,i think my bb connection has been offline, threw no fault of my own, about 3 or 4 times in all this time, superb service....

only thing i have a slight problem with is the extremly poor way all this last farce has taken ans the way its been handled, but as for ACTUAL service, i honestly dont think you can find better.......

... one question to you m8, though, how did u find out your regrade from bt had been put back.??..again i think t he sheer lack of information for folks waiting for free upgrades, could also be handle a lot diffrently.
N/A

Hi m8

I used the Usertool exchange checker. Stick your phone number in and see what it says!

Exchange Checker

Cheers

Steve
N/A

Good job I upgraded in April, as mines been pushed back from July to August too.
powerhouse
Dabbler

i am so happy plusnet have atlast increased my speed from 512 kbps to 2 mb and from paying £24 to £21 .. all for free .. Smiley

big thanks, plusnet team!