cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet dissallow MYSQL servers?

N/A

Ive spent the last few months programing a MMOCC (massively multiplayer online chat community) based around fuselight, al seems well however now that the time has come to run the MYSQL server for registrations and logins and it just refuses to connect, just curious as to whether PlusNet don't like you runbning MYSQL servers?

Please reply asap im trying to get a christmas beta release on this and need to no now if im going to have to reprogram all conntections to work with shockwave multiuser server.

Thanks in advance,
Danny Platt
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Danny,

Are you running a MySQL server on your own connection or is it on a remote server?

Either way it should work fine, we don't block MySQL connections. If you are running it own your own connection have you set up the appropriate port forwarding on your router?

We do have a MySQL server that you can use too, you can activate it under Website Settings on the left.
N/A

Thanks for your reply dtomlinson. I just came back on after an hours mess about and ive fixed it. Turns out there is a bug in mysql v4.13+ (well, i say bug, more of a lack of backwards comatibility) meaning i couldnt install older drivers such as jdbc. After a install of an older version of the MYSQL server its up and running great.

Thanks for your help anyway Smiley
Dany Platt
csogilvie
Grafter

Hmm, I rand JDBC fine on MySQL 4.1 when I was working on my uni project...