cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet are going LLU

N/A

PlusNet are going LLU

As I say we'll announce next week exactly where the faster speeds will fit in, however those customers who stay on £29.99 or £39.99 would be in prime position to take advantage of the faster speeds. Or they can downgrade now for free to £21.99 and then when the faster speeds become available either through MaxDSL from BT Wholesale or our forthcoming LLU service can re-upgrade for £14.99.

With Regards,

Dave,
--
| Dave Tomlinson Broadband Solutions For
| Customer Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet plc @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

LLU is the development that PlusNet feel is significant enough to scrap months of work on the FUP?
14 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

PlusNet are going LLU

I would love to see PN move all of their customers on an LLU exchange over to the LLU solution, from BT Wholesale. That would hit BT hard and may force them to drop their prices a wee bit.
madswitcher
Grafter

PlusNet are going LLU

perhaps a merger with UKonline?

That would put a rocket up BT's posterior.

Mike
N/A

PlusNet are going LLU

or bulldog, they seem to have a thing against BT as BT took over what was bulldogs first
N/A

PlusNet are going LLU

I would love to see PN move all of their customers on an LLU exchange over to the LLU solution, from BT Wholesale. That would hit BT hard and may force them to drop their prices a wee bit.

Well, it will be interesting to know whether Plus will be installing their own equipment or renting from an established LLU retailer like UKOnline.

If they are only going to be installing their own equipment in exchanges that already have LLU then I don't think it's going to help prices much since it won't help LLU to spread around the country just give more LLU choice to those that already have it.
LiamM
Grafter

PlusNet are going LLU

Easynet are actually the wholesale provider to UKOnline, though they are seperate companies, UK Online was setup by easynet.

Easynet have brought out a product called LLUStream which is considerably cheaper than BT. So i suspect, that this is a possibility

http://www.easynet.com/solutions/wholesalebroadband.asp
N/A

PlusNet are going LLU

Will only exchanges which already have LLU be able to get it? My exchange is in a fairly rural area and all we have is ADSL at the mo.
N/A

PlusNet are going LLU

It could possibly be that a deal has been made with other LLU companies to share the exchanges that have already been unbundled, in turn allowing PlusNet to put their equipment into the exchanges that have not yet been converted. PlusNet then will reciprocate.

Which ever way it works it can only be good for PlusNet customers and a blow to BT.
painswck
Grafter

PlusNet are going LLU

Just a shame that OFCOM regulate the price and they decide it stays high to allow competitors to make a profit.
N/A

PlusNet are going LLU

Easynet are actually the wholesale provider to UKOnline, though they are seperate companies, UK Online was setup by easynet.

I'm not being pedantic, but this brought back a memory to mind.

Easynet did not set up UK Online. Many years ago, when Easynet was known as Technocom PLC, I was chatting to the sales director (as was then) of Technocom/Easynet over a pizza (aka 'business lunch') in Slough, and though we were doing other business we did have a brief chat about this deal (..it was an acquisition) that Easynet were doing at the time.

Easynet have (IMO) always been masters of making their investment in infrastructure deliver returns, and the way they achieve this is through quality of service. +Net will do well if they utilise the Easynet infrastructure, and if that is the road that +Net are going down, then they have my support.

Well, it will be interesting to know whether Plus will be installing their own equipment or renting from an established LLU retailer like UKOnline. .

The problem is - what do they do in exchanges that do not have Easynet LLU kit installed? Assuming that not providing service isn't an option, I can't see how they can dispose of BT quite so easily!

+Net can hardly be in a position to install their own kit, not with comments from +Net staff underlining the bread-and-butter financial importance of the contribution that the downgrade fee has!

- Mike
N/A

PlusNet are going LLU

An LLU route does not always mean that they would drop BT as a supplier.

With the better migration methods coming about from BT now, we could soon see very easy moves between LLU and BT products (migration) so whilst it may add time, it would still be easy enough for customers to move between providers.
N/A

PlusNet are going LLU

I don't have the patience to trawl through the UKOnline forum at AG but would like to know what the reaction of their LLU-enabled customers has been to speed, reliability, etc.

Simon
N/A

PlusNet are going LLU

Does anyone know how many exchanges are LLU enabled and planned roll out for the coming year?
According to samknows.com Easynet only have 232 http://www.samknows.com/broadband/llu-league.php?type=en LLU exchanges while for BT there are 4529 exchanges http://www.samknows.com/broadband/league.php. If that number is correct the number of LLU enabled exchanges will need to be improved by a huge amount to be of any use to ISP's.
N/A

PlusNet are going LLU

Well the exchanges that do have LLU enabled generally serve a large amount of people. This means that LLU products will be beneficial. My exchange is LLU enabled so I'm all for it Smiley
Cloudmaster
Grafter

PlusNet are going LLU

They'll only be beneficial to the ISP's installing the equipment. What you've just said makes it obvious (to me at least) that LLU ISP's are only targeting the more profitable exchanges, the rest of us will have to wait for BT's Max product (whatever it's called)