cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet & newsgroups

snapper_mart
Grafter

PlusNet & newsgroups

One dissapointment is that when connecting to USENET the Plusnet servers seem to dispose of many parts of files (ie MP3 files that are split into multi parts) in order to save space. I have tried to download files within an hour of them being posted, only to be told that 'parts are missing'.

I decided to test my theory by signing up for a free 3 day trial at Giganews.com and downloading the same files some 2 weeks later and lo & behold no problems.

I emailed customer support and got the reply "This is not something we help with"

Well what can you help withHuh?
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PlusNet & newsgroups

Dear User,

Our newsfeed has been improving in leaps and bounds over the last few months. We have added many news news peers and plan to ad a number more over the next few months. This we expect will help to fill any holes in then feed that may be found.

I will pass your comments onto our management team, but the issue is also being looked into and will improve as the peers are added.

Kind regards

Kevin

--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
snapper_mart
Grafter

RE: PlusNet & newsgroups

Many thanks for explaining the situation, Kevin Smiley
Although I don't know why your colleague couldn't have done the same when i mailed my original query?
I shall watch the progress of newsfeed with interest.