Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Weekly Newsletter - 18th October 2001

N/A

PlusNet Weekly Newsletter 18th October 2001
===========================================

Welcome!

Connect Lite User - unmetered Internet access at whatever time of the day you like, for only £6.99 per month!

http://www.plus.net/info2/residential/res_fixed.html

============================ CONTENTS =================================

1. New this week - Website Wizard launched
2. Focus On - Website Wizard
3. My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet!

=======================================================================

1. New this week.

Website Wizard - Your website in an instant with this easy to use tool
--------------
Today saw the launch of the Website Wizard, an easy-to-use tool for building and promoting your own website. Website Wizard is available to all users, regardless of account type, adding even greater value to an already value-packed service.

The Website Wizard is featured in this week's 'Focus On' article so you can get going today!

New ADSL Professional accounts launched
---------------------------------------
ADSL Professional 1000 and 2000 are now available and complement our already comprehensive range of broadband (ADSL) packages. Designed especially for the Business user or Home Worker with a single PC, these new products offer even higher bandwidth options for those who need real speed. The single-user ADSL range now offers download speeds ranging from 500kbps up to an incredible 2000kbps - that's up to 40 times the speed of a standard modem!

As your business grows, fully network-compatible ADSL Business accounts are just a 'one-click upgrade' away!

Don't forget that from now until the end of the year, the set-up fee for our ADSL Home and ADSL NetStart accounts has been slashed in half to only £75 +VAT. Why not treat your family (or yourself!) to high-speed Internet this Christmas?

With prices starting from just £46.99 per month, demand is expected to be high in the run-up to Christmas, so upgrade early to avoid disappointment!

You can upgrade your account to Broadband today - just visit the 'Change Account' link located under the 'My Account' section of the Portal web site.

2. Focus On - Website Wizard

Each week in 'Focus On' we explain a little about all the things you can do with our great applications and services. We hope that 'Focus On' will help you get the maximum out of your account.

In this week's Focus On, we take a look at the Website Wizard, the great new online website tool. Apologies to those who were waiting for the online gaming article - we promise that will be featured next week.

The Website Wizard has been designed to make creating your own Web pages and putting them online as straightforward as possible. And the great news is it's available to all users, regardless of account type!

Most Web design software will help you set up your pages and then leave you to deal with the complicated issue of uploading to the Internet. The Website Wizard, however, actually saves your pages directly to the Web. So, if you can use a mouse, you can make a Website! It's just the thing the Web has been waiting for.

With Website Wizard, you can work on your page wherever you can access a browser! Your kids can work on their page at school, and then continue to work on it at home. Business users can create their site at the office and then update it at home or on the move.

There are 16 different Themes to choose from, such as Homepage, Business, Woman, Food and Relationships, each with 6 designs (or templates) based upon that Theme. With around a hundred designs available, your website can be as individual as you are!

Website Wizard lets you add text, images and hyperlinks to the pages, helping you select the font and its size as you go. You also have the choice of Font colour and may determine characters to be Bold, Underlined or Italicised.

If you're not sure about how to get pictures for your own site, our links will take you to some useful online resources. Here you can find all sorts of pictures you can use. Simply save the pictures to your hard drive and upload from there, using the 'Browse' button.

Once your pages are finished, you can preview and then save your efforts for the world to see. Why not submit your site to the search engines using Site Submit?

Don't worry about getting lost - online help text is available, and our friendly Penguin guides you through each step of the process!

To find out more or build your website with the Website wizard, click here now!

http://www.plus.net/tools.html?action=hpw

That's all for Focus On this week. Next week we will be taking a look at online gaming.

3. My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet!

Here's a customer referral scheme with a real difference. My Referrals gives you the chance to get FREE Internet access and even CASH returns when you recommend our services to your family, friends, associates and colleagues.

For every single person who joins us on your recommendation, you will receive a reduction on your subscription for as long as they remain a customer. No 'one-off payment', this means that not only can you, in no time at all, entirely cover the cost of your own Internet access, but start to actually MAKE MONEY on the deal!

For more details visit http://www.plus.net/content.html?action=mydiscount_static_info today!

Customer Support
www.plus.net

My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet!

17 REPLIES
N/A

Do Plusnet still do newsletters?
LiamM
Grafter

Not that I am aware of. Not sure when they stopped.
csogilvie
Grafter

Not really... there was talk of restarting them though.
N/A

They should. It's good PR and helps keep the customer base informed of what's going on.

Not everyone looks at the forums.
csogilvie
Grafter

I've asked about it, and let you know the response, unless one of the staff pick it up here first...
Community Veteran

They should. It's good PR and helps keep the customer base informed of what's going on.

It would be good but you have blown any chance of getting it :-( - if PN realise it keeps us informed then it's a definate no no! Tongue

Plusnet - Great ISP, Poor Communicator! Tongue

Only joking around but....
N/A

Ahhh. Memories of the good old days. :roll:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I'll try and found out what happened to idea to bring it back. Or on the other hand maybe the Usergoup may like to think about producing something........
N/A

Or on the other hand maybe the Usergoup may like to think about producing something........

Oi, havent they enough to do, keeping you guys on the straight and narrow. :lol:
N/A

Dave, with the greatest respect to the Usergroup, I think a newsletter ought to come from Plusnet themselves.

The company (not people who don't work for it) should communicate with its customers, in my opinion.
Community Veteran

LOL - A news letter? Seriously?

It may have been a good idea when PN used to say something and stick to it. These days, the news will have been re-written twice before most people read the first edition.

Until we start to see PN actually sticking to any announcement whatsoever, then I personaly think a newsletter would be about as much use as toilet paper - in fact it would be less useful, as I would need to print it in oredr to use it as toilet paper.

If PN did start publishing news letters and subsequently changed their minds on any announcements (which if we are all honest is pretty likely given the curent rate of change in the ADSL market), then it would simply lead to more - "you lied" and, here we go again PN change their mind posts and feelings in the customer base.

Until the market settles down and PN are confident in their offerings being stable for the forseable future, then newsletters may not be a good idea.
Community Veteran

I think its a bad idea practicality wise, but a nice idea in general.

I can imagine it would be seen as a low priority by PlusNet and would only ever make it to a few issues before it got dropped or just constantly delayed. As chesterfield says things are a little to dynamic at the moment, with the changes from other ISPs constantly happening PlusNet have a lot on thier plates to keep up with.

As for the usergroup doing it, to be honest I can't see this happening, we've all got a lot on our own plates (away from the usergroup) and find it hard enough to keep on top of other things as it is, also getting answers and offical responses from PlusNet can be slow and would only cause delays. Again nice idea but I don't see it working.

Chris
N/A

It would be a good idea because it could inform people about the new products so that they know there are cheaper ones around.

Ah well guess that kills it for sure. Cry
N/A

Would give people hard evidence when pn insist in future months "we never said that" (think of the unlimited fiasco when the FUP first came around, ugh denial or what).

Newsletter = great idea for trustworthy ISP....PN got a way to go to get back in that boat! Jumped ship a few months ago and swam away from the ship instead of back to it!