cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Webcams

waldron
Grafter

PlusNet Webcams

When I try to look at the PlusNet webcams by clicking on the links in Member Centre, I get the following error message:

The AXIS ActiveX Camera Control, which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to resolve this please?
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

PlusNet Webcams

waldron
Grafter

PlusNet Webcams

Many thanks. I'll give that a try.
nogginthenog
Grafter

PlusNet Webcams

why would you want to watch plusnet? have you nothing better to do? :lol:
Community Veteran

PlusNet Webcams

I use Opera 9.02, and used not to be able to view the webcams at all (they wouldn't load at all).
The "new" webcams load a still image but no moving images, even though there's clearly data coming down the line.
Works fine in FF although not in IE6 (same error as OP) .
Anyone any ideas (apart from "use FF", I mean) ?

paul
Slipperymack
Grafter

PlusNet Webcams

Yeh - why do you want to watch people "copy and paste" replies - "speed test........." "answer these 16 question......" again. "We have found no fault with your line....your connection shows you have 0 speed...." etc, etc.

Sorry I am getting a bit carried away - I was sane before I was MAX'd - I am now in the words of my wife "wasting time trying to get that "Pluspet" or whatever they are called, to get our connection working correctly, can we not move to somebody else, maybe then you will pay me some attention......what are speed test bRAS, stable rates anyway."!!!!

Plusnet - it does wonders for your marriage!!!!!!!
craigbrass
Grafter

PlusNet Webcams

why would you want to watch plusnet? have you nothing better to do? :lol:

To make sure the support agents are working and not dossing Tongue
Community Veteran

PlusNet Webcams

The cameras in the old office are still in operation! (what are they plugged in to?!?)

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/cams/PN_IH_CSCcam2.htm
amcbride
Grafter

PlusNet Webcams

I`ve looked and looked and can`t see where in the member centre the web cams are located can somebody tell me where the link is? It will make a change from watching paint dry.
N/A

PlusNet Webcams

On the Member Centre homepage, look at the lower right corner.
Bottom one of the "Quick Links"
amcbride
Grafter

PlusNet Webcams

Thanks got it now. Really exciting stuff compared to paint watching things move!
dgp
Grafter

PlusNet Webcams

Hi - I had same error as ajbatty when trying to view the Plusnet webcams i.e.

'The AXIS ActiveX Camera Control, which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer.'

I tried altering my security settings that didn't work, I tried http://www.axis.com/techsup/cam_servers/dev/activex.htm as suggested by hunthome, that didn't work either.

I finally solved it by going here http://its.astate.edu/clientservices/software/axisreadme.htm and following the instructions.

Why I now ask myselfHuh. The decor in Plusnet Towers looks worse from the inside than the outside looking in. It must just be because I wanted a challenge or had nothing better to do.