Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Trouble

N/A

PlusNet Trouble

ok the situation as it stands:

- we order plusnet 1mbit business line a month ago
- line tested and installed and 1 mbit line works for an afternoon
- engineer comes to fix another line, tests dsl and deems it too noisy for 1mbit
- we contact bt who say that since the line has been activated it cannot be terminated without our permission. we decide to keep line as no apparent slowdown taking place.
- next morning plusnet wrongfully terminate the account without our permission or notification to us.
- dissapointed we re-order the 500 option
- after waiting again yesterday was informed that plusnet have now activated the line and we have the 500 option running now
- not receiving anything at our end we confirm its active with plusnet who state it is again, and then ring bt, who inform us that actually there hasnt even been an order put through for the 500 connection yet.
- PlusNet state that there have been troubles with ceasing old connection and so it will now take another "few days" for line to be ordered and become active.

What are plusnet playing about at? Please, when the customer services dept reply, dont say its a BT error, we have been in coontact alot with BT who have been very helpful with the matter. Why is the service so poor? why was the line deactivated without permission? why were we told its active when its not?
Please do not advise us to post this in ticket either as we are doing a much more detailed post so please answer these questions below as nothing much seems to get done in the ticket section.

Regards,
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PlusNet Trouble

Hello Philip,

I am unable to go into too much detail here but all information relating to this situation is recorded under ticket: 4994609 on your account.

The reason for the delay seems to be that there has been a problem with the cease, causing us to be unable to have the alternative account activated in the time scale we would have liked. Our intention was to try and push the order through given the circumstances but this is just not possible with BT.

Your cease order for the previous account appears to have been placed around the same time as the provide order and because the cease order takes longer, the provide was rejected and has had to be re-submitted. You should therefore expect your ADSL to be active around the middle of next week, I would say Wednesday.

Apologies for the inconvnience you have experienced, we will continue to strive to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Mark.

| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+
N/A

hello,

Unfortunaely there has still been no reply to our latest ticket, i would like to make sure that the ticket and this post are not being treat as the same, we would still like response regarding the ticket.
Secondly the above post did not answer the questions, and trying to solve the problem as soon as possible does not fill me with confidence since youve been trying to do that for some time now. Could you please provide an answer to the questions:

- Why was the line deactivated without permission?
- Why were we told its active when its not?

There are other issues we would like answering but look at these and reply on the latest ticket, the above two issues we would like answering both here and on the ticket since we have had many contradictions from PlusNet staff.

Can we also get a confirmed date on when the line will be activated, this is important to us and so far when you say "it should be " or "few days" it keeps being delayed to a few days after that date.

Regards,
N/A

> - Why was the line deactivated without permission?
An ADSL 1000 product was installed on a line which was clearly unsuitable for the product type. A cease, was issued and a reporvide to the rate adaptive product you should have been given.

> - Why were we told its active when its not?
It was, see about issue.

Kind regards

Kevin

--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> - Why was the line deactivated without permission?
> An ADSL 1000 product was installed on a line which was clearly unsuitable for the product type. A cease, was issued and a reporvide to the rate adaptive product you should have been given.

> - Why were we told its active when its not?
> It was, see about issue.

The 1mbit line worked fine for us and hence we do not beleave it was "clearly unsuitable" but we were informed by BT that no one but the customer has the right to give the go-ahead to deactivate the ADSL connection once it has been activated, no matter what. So can you confirm this and confirm why it was deactivitaed without our permission or any notification? (as asked before) you have posted why you think the line should have been deactivated but not why without our permission or notification.

And secondly we were informed on wed that the 512 connection was ready for us to use, the one which isnt, thats the connection i was referring to. In case of more confusion ill reword it to:
Why where we informed on Wed 7th Aug that the 512 connection was ready for us to use, when it clearly is not?

Also could you please post a responce to the latest ticket on our account, it has been over 24 hours now and it just seems to be being ignored.

Regards,
N/A

Good Afternoon,

I have looked into your account thoroughly and have responded in great detail to your queries. Unfortunately, due to the length of my reply, it was not possible to write everything in your open ticket. In order to get round this, I have attached a text document containing all the information.

Unfortunately, at the time your account type was changed on our database, an email was generated informing you that the account was now active. This is part of an automated system and unfortunately, there was no way to over-ride this.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Mark.

| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+
N/A

> The 1mbit line worked fine for us and hence we do not beleave it was "clearly unsuitable" but we were informed by BT that no one but the customer has the right to give the go-ahead to deactivate the ADSL connection once it has been activated, no matter what.

This is true, BUT in the case of ADSL, Plusnet IS the customer. You are the end user.

Oftel set the lineloss limits, as running ADSL beyond the lineloss specs, can give crosstalk into other lines within the cables.