cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Telephone Support - JOKE!!

N/A

Why is it that PlusNet are incapable of answering their telephone, despite all these emails about their improved phone system and customer services they still can't manage it.

I have never known a company like PlusNet and I will be leaving as soon as I manage to get my MAC key from them!!

I am curently in their telephone queue, 20 minutes and counting!!
13 REPLIES
FooAtari
Grafter

There is already two threads about this (I think), one with a poll asking pretty much the same question as you. Any need for another one?

I beleive you can easily get your mac code on the website...
N/A

TBH whilst I can understand your frustration, I think the poll is slightly biased!

I agree that their CS is lousy at the minute, but I wouldn't go as far as to say the entire company is rubbish - as you point out, they have repeatedly recognised the issues they have with CS, and have committed to improving things.

Many of us chose to use PN because of the CS reputation, and now many are leaving because of the reputation.

Because they have held up their hands and accepted they have a real problem, and have also comitted to resolving the issue and restoring the high level we expect and demand - I think this puts them on the slightly higher than the bottom of the pile.

Long way to go though before its acceptable, and still further to go till it gets back where it was.
N/A

why do people insist on opening polls which only give people the choice of supporting them? It's pointless and, IMO, looks childish.

Customer support may be poor at the minute but i've never had to use it like a great many of plusnets customers. Also like vast numbers of plusnets customers i'm happy with my connection and service so would vote no in your rediculous poll.

If/when i have problems with my connection and csc isn't upto scratch (i'd always use the online support system rather than phoning) then i'd be annoyed but i'm happy now and always have been.
N/A

you may not be using the cs now but there will come a time when you will and it is when things go wrong that you discover what a company is really like.

In my work i deal with many company accounts and i have never know a company like PN, i am moving to eclipse after having tried them for my business.
N/A

@robincutler
You didn't mention what your problem was - is there something that somebody in the community might be able to help with?
N/A

Oh I have a good understanding of exactly what plusnet CSC is like.

If i'm able to connect i simply raise a ticket using the online system and wait for a reply.

why not raise a ticket? if you're wanting to migrate you'll have to anyway.

Anything about my questions regarding raising a pointless poll?
N/A

not silly, accurate
N/A

i presume you work for PN
N/A

well obviously not, i for one would have voted no therefore not accurate. It's like a newpaper aksing you if you're going to vote for the tories or the conservatives simply because it's trendy to be anti-blair at the minute. Weighted polls serve no purpose except to push an individual agenda in a rather daft looking manner.

as has been said before why not simply ask if you have a problem, you may not need to speak to pn at all or if it's non urgent use the online support after checking the support pages which may also contain the info you need. Without knowing your issue this thread is simply a pointless rant.
N/A

i presume you work for PN

Nope.

just a punter happy with his broadband connection who would help you if you actually gave the opportunity, still no mention of what your issues actually *is*

this is a support forum, try using it as such.
JonathanW
Grafter

As Rich has said, this is a community support forum, and as such its always worth posting your problem in case someone here can provide assistance.

There's nothing wrong with feedback on its own, provided that its constructive. Its the difference between saying that Rich has got a silly username so shouldn't post and saying that Rich has got a silly username but it gives him the opportunity for something passibly amusing in his signature.
N/A

This thread is not the most constructive and offers little in the way of constructive feedback.

The poll is extremely biased and serves no useful purpose.

There are a number of threads currently discussing the quality and provision of support, feel free to add your comments to one of those.

If the OP has a particular problem which they would like to share with the community or for which the community may offer some help, then feel free to post and give us some detail.

Due to its nature and the comments above, I am locking this one.
FooAtari
Grafter

I agree that the CS at the moment, as far as contacting the call centre goes, is pretty poor at the moment.

But I have had to contact them previously with several problems. Once via telephone and twice through the ticket system. In all occaisions my problems were dealt with promptly.

I cant belive you have never dealt with a company worse than Plus. You have been very lucky then Smiley