cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Support Changes - Have your say!

N/A

The Usergroup are pleased to announce that following discussion with Plusnet / F9, a special forum has been setup to discuss the current and ongoing changes within the support centre.

The forum is open for discussion and feedback on current support provision for all Plusnet plc customers and raise ideas / discuss how things can be changed to improve the support that Plusnet provide in the future

The Usergroup would like to stress that this forum is for general discussion only and that individual support queries will be removed, as will requests for replies to tickets. Comments should be constructive and helpful and discussion must take place in a calm and civilised manner.

For more information and to get your ideas / comments heard, please visit http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/board,38.0.html

Kind Regards,
Plusnet Usergroup
17 REPLIES
N/A

This may be obvious, but getting the network and systems working would be a great benefit....

a few problems which F9/Plusnet have contributed to their own CS problems, not in any particular order

errors in billing
    errors in usage information
    a new ticket, err sorry question, system that drives folks up the wall
    email that hasn't worked correctly for weeks
    wholesale provider changes without sufficient backup support or information
    tickets that take an age to resolve
    introduction of new services with insufficient testing and backup support
    the most complicated bandwidth restrictions in the history of the interweb
    opt-in, opt-out, shake it all about
    Max upgrades, full steam ahead, ouch, new customers only
    Information given, retracted, changed, repeat

F9/Plusnet need to take a close look at their development and rollout programs to ensure these are communicated effectively with sufficient resources available during the introduction period.

IMHO, efforts would be better placed providing a reliable network and systems to reduce the number of calls and questions being raised to CS. More importantly reducing the temperature and levels of frustration experienced by the paying customer.

Personally, I have been affected by only a few of the items listed above, not seriously enough to move, yet. I can only assume by all the posts in this forum and the ones over at PN and AG that my time may be running out.

Convince me otherwise, but I'm not holding my breath!
N/A

Customer support is non existant with Plus Net.
Your company appears in meltdown over email problems. If you cant cope please get out of the industry.
N/A

I wanted a simple answer to a broadband phone question tried to call them went through all the options on the 0845 number got the one I wanted got a very unhelpful message which did not answer my question then it said thank you for calling GOOD BYE

Do F9 want to keep their customers?

My question was very simple - "are broadband calls free F9 toF9?” but I am not paying £1.50 for it. You could say raise a ticket but they are taking so long to answer them at the moment?

Get rid of your £1.50 minute phone line and get back to old way of doing things i.e. talk to your customers

What made me laugh the most was giving your postal address so people can write in to solve problems Come on F9

Puddy
ps which option do I press on your 0845 number for a Mac code if there’s no option you must add one it will get very well used
N/A

Without prejudice

Put up the FOR SALE sign that way your customer yield/sale price would get your board members and your shareholder more money.

If you leave it longer and more customer leave you could go bust (rover cars)

We pay your wages that pays your mortgage and provides you with your nice company car feed you and pay your bills?

(I apologise to staff members for these comments this message is for intended for the board members who think up these crap idea’s £1.50 support etc)

I joined F9 8 years ago because it gave me the personal touch and a telephone number to call 24/7 at 3p per minute now your just like any other budget isp provider looking for a way to get the customer to pay more at any opportunity (Gordon Brown). Even now BT offer a quality service now with an 40GB download limit at a couple of quid more

Puddy
Aka Michael J Roberts
Marteknet
Grafter

WARNING

WARNING.

Watch out these at the front of the "give me my Mac key queue" you risk being trampled in the rush, It's starting to look like a bad night in the jungle with everyone shouting "I've had enough, Get me out of here".
N/A

F9 should stop offering other services like home phone line take over get your core services like e-mail to work first.

I have a problem with slow download speed since april and have asked time and time again for a home visit by BT. its not hapened and you want me to sign up my home telephone I THINK NOT

Puddy
sjnett

Support = Huh? dunno? cant seem to find it...

Me = Bye Bye F9 .....

Nuff said....
consulting

F9 should stop offering other services like home phone line take over get your core services like e-mail to work first.

I have a problem with slow download speed since april and have asked time and time again for a home visit by BT. its not hapened and you want me to sign up my home telephone I THINK NOT

Puddy

I thought I had a problem - my "broadband" connection has been running at about 130kbs for a week! No one at F9 is even interested in fixing it.

As everyone here says, customer support is now a joke, when it used to be the BIG factor in favour of F9. How can anyone even think of using F9 for phone calls, or any other additional services, when they can't even do now what they were doing well 5 years ago, i.e provide a reliable basic internet service? How can anyone even think of referring potential customers to F9?
Marteknet
Grafter

From my experience of FARCE9, I expect that most if not all the recent problems are due to more and more services coming online without adequate investment in new hardware. Things are suffering because of this, speeds are down, web pages load slowly, email is a mess, and the list goes on and on.

I say this because they seem to be cutting things back to the bone in pursuit of bigger profits and will not even continue to invest in the most basic, but probably most important of services of all "Customer Care". This is their point of contact with their customers and by removing the system they had and replacing it with a un-workable one while ignoring complaints, they plainly show that they don’t give a dam about the people who keep them in business.
N/A

support?

Don't try building a bridge with your support guys - it will certainly collapse. I'm leaving this sinking (stinking) ship for an ISP I can contact.
N/A

I've been trying since the beginning of May to get my connection sorted out; I've had disconnection problems ever since the upgrade and this has only stopped now because I can no longer connect at all.

Any support from F9? No, just a patronising and totally erroneous email (which I can only view from work) telling me that my broadband has been 'upgraded' again. Whoopy-do. The first 'upgrade' trashed my connection, the second destroyed it completely; I'm now waiting for the next 'upgrade' which will, I predict, burn out my phone lines and destroy my hardware. Naturally, this will be BT's fault.

I phoned to complain on Tuesday evening; I left a message and I'm still waiting for my call to be returned. 8 hours, eh? I think not.
N/A

Have you just been MAX'd or LLU'd?

Mark
N/A

Have you just been MAX'd or LLU'd?

Mark

Well, I've been moved to an 8Mb service and I've had notification that my broadband provider has changed (or something) so I guess both, but I'm not certain.
N/A

What have you done to your support!!!!!! Oh no!

I've always recommended Force9 to friends and family because in the past you could just ring up the support line and speak to someone who actually knew what the problem was and could deal with it there and then!

Last night i couldn't logon .. was getting a CHAP error. I know what it means and I know the fault wasn't at my end because I know my password (and i tried my parents F9 login which got the same). Silly me thinking I could just ring up and get it instantly resolved!!

After about 5 minutes of "Did you know you can register a fault from our website" and going through the million press1 to scream etc you're now having a laugh by leaving a message?!

Do yourselves a favour ... sort it ASAP or watch all us loyal customers suddenly move to the freebie ADSL providers. :shock: