cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Service - An Absolute Disgrace!

N/A

If your reading this forum and wondering whether to sign up, you'd better read this.

I have had no internet since Tuesday evening and it's now Friday evening. i have called about 4 times and each time I have had to wait 45-50 minutes for my call to be answered. Each time they have told me nothing apartment from my query is beig referrred to this team and that team to be investigated.

I have put numerous messages on the support page and not a single answer.

PlusNet - an absolute disgrace. The service is terrible and as soon as I get this mess sorted out I will be asking for my MAC code and going elsewhere.

How many others have had this problem?
60 REPLIES
N/A

Easter weekend too Shockedops:
LiamM
Grafter

Sparker,

It's a shame you're experiencing problems - perhaps the forum community can help you?

What exactly is happening? Loss of sync to the exchange?

What hardware are you using? Have you tried it plugged in directly to the Master Socket?

Have you run the Plusnet Faults Wizard?
N/A

It is now fixed!

I just called again - bear in mind that this is my fourth call which due to waiting times adds up to a total of 3hours 30 minutes. I have put several comments on the open ticket which had not been answered apart from it was being investigated or sent to this team. No information no communication and no broadband for 3 days. I should also add that this problem started on Tuesay night after they emailed me about some imminent changes that evening - they're fault then.

I just called again, waited 20 minutes for some guy to tell me I had a new username! Put the new username and it worked! I was really rude to the guy but after the mindbending frutration of the last couple of days I couldn't help myself (sorry if your reading this).

Anyway, my experience has shown me what a shower plusnet are and I will be finding another ISP asap and ordering my mac code.
N/A

Maybe if you have a router you may need to reboot it? Have you got a ADSL link? If you provide more info then you may get your problem solved and it could not be plus nets fault Wink
N/A

rather than ranting and raving, you could have explained what problems you were having
N/A

you could have explained what problems you were having

Not sure if anyone could have helped, would anyone have guessed the answer?;

I had a new username!
N/A

I had a new username!

Oh - still using his [insert old ISP's name here] username then?

:roll:
N/A

Ever since 9am this morning my internet has been off and on every 30mins and i know what i am doing work for a ISP THD, so i have tried all the normal things (changing filters, re-installed modem drivers etc etc).

I joined Plus.net in Jan and have had constant problems since i joined. Raised a ticket twice and nothing has changed. Contacted the thd and they tell me that its being looked into and yet nothing has been done about it.

Why should i pay for this disgrace of a service?
N/A

I had a new username!

Oh - still using his [insert old ISP's name here] username then?

:roll:

Maybe rather than jumping to conclusions and criticising for ranting and raving you should be sure of the facts first. If you read my post you might see that PLUSNET changed my username! :x

It was username@plus.net which I used for the past two years and the guy over the phone told me to change to username@plusdsl.net and then it worked.

The fact is plusnet changed my username and didn't tell me about it. Then after raising a ticket, posting several messages, having several phone calls with 4 different operators and queueing for hours they finally tell me I have a new username.
vic_newey
Grafter

Plusnet has not changed your username, you only add the dsl bit for your modem login so your username for everythingelse willnot include the dsl bit
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I think you slightly confused people here. Your username is sparker - it's your domain that's changed in your login name.

Incidently, does connection settings - connection details have the correct information?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Sparker has been here since 2002, what he is saying is probably true.

I am guessing here, but it sounds like PN have upgraded his product on his billing date, probably Tuesday. But when they did it they forgot to inform him that his username may change. Due to him being an older user it is very possible that plusnet used normal usernames as their logon names, maybe this was changed in the future but because his product hasnt been modified for 4 years there was no need for this change prior to this Tuesday.

If my guess is right, then PN are at fault for not making him aware of this prior to the upgrade or changes they made.
vic_newey
Grafter

does this mean we all will have to add the dsl bit to our usernames ? surely not
N/A

Due to him being an older user it is very possible that plusnet used normal usernames as their logon names

Not necessarily I have been arround since 2002 and have always used username@plusdsl.net..... I do remember though a little while back when I changed my router entering username@plus.net and doing a lot of swearing and cursing becausing I could not connect until I twigged what it was I had done or rather not done.