Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Recomended Hardware

craigbrass
Grafter

Hello,

Well I recon most people with a little tech knowledge will go out and buy their own modems/routers. So, why not have "PlusNet Recomended Hardware" and then the tutorial team could write guides with screen dumps on how to setup broadband using that particular hardware piece. I recon it would make the support teams jobs easier too if they were only dealing with a select amount of hardware.

Best Regards,
Craig Brass
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Yep, could be a good one for the tutorial team, I'll flag it to them to see what they think.
N/A

Craig / Dave,

Going down the screenshot route why not get us members to provide screenshots, config instructions etc for routers/modems etc which aren't covered.
Community Veteran

Why not provide a troubleshooting guide for win 98 and binatone modems, if I don't get this sorted tonight it's going to annoy me for the whole of my holiday to florida. I would be willing to provide a setup guide for binatone ADSL 500 on win 98 (when i get it working) and xp home.
N/A

Eek, Sorry Daniel- love to help but I've only ever used routers (comming from a network background my home network layout means routers are the easiest way).

While I'm posting why not consider adding some basic firewall setup rules...

IE:
Drop any netbios/smb traffic crossing the router etc.
Community Veteran

Thanks, your suggestion made me think to a similar problem I had had in the past shutdown zonealarm, works first time!
N/A

Lol... I get lost with 'friendly' firewalls - I prefer the ones you have to specify what you want to go where... (iptables is my firewall of choice)
N/A

Re: PlusNet Recomended Hardware

Just for info:

I am new to plusnet and have setup a home wireless set up with no problems using the BT voyager 2100 wireless router and a Dell wireless 1450 dual band WLAN mini PCI a/b/g/ wireless card. It is important to download the latest firmware for the voyager 2100 router from the BT voyager website and the latest driver from the Dell website. No issues with speed or disconnections whatsoever. Really works well