cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Premium Mail

lowry
Grafter

PlusNet Premium Mail

I was looking at BT's site earlier and came across their BT Yahoo premium mail feature. Is there any chance of PlusNet offering this sort of thing for say £2 a month if you do not use PlusNet as your isp - to get e-mail facilities (say if you leave and want to keep your address). Or do one of the PlusNet services packages offer this?

In your opinion - would it be wasteful on resources. It could always be made that only previous subscription plusNet customers could sign up Smiley if you did not want the world and their granny going for it...

Just an idea Cheesy
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PlusNet Premium Mail

If you decide to leave, you can downgrade your service to a pay as you go dialup (56K) account and you still keep your email address. If you want free email services, again you can just sign up for a free PAYGO account.

What are the benefits of BTY's premium mail service? Maybe with a few more details PlusNet can decide if this is viable or not.
lowry
Grafter

PlusNet Premium Mail

See http://www.btyahoo.com/mail/comparison for all the details Smiley - That is the comparison page for the two packages they offer.
Community Veteran

PlusNet Premium Mail

PlusNet used to do exactly what you're describing... now, the challenge is finding it on their site (if indeed they still do it)... I'll get back to you. Wink

Thomas
Community Veteran

PlusNet Premium Mail

Grrr... can't find it. Before anyone mentions anything, I know there's the Comms service package, but there used to be special accounts (I think there were two) that were designed to go alongside BT internet connections. :?

Thomas
csogilvie
Grafter

PlusNet Premium Mail

Yes, but I think they were for the "BT ADSL Only" account...
Community Veteran

PlusNet Premium Mail

Yes... but there'd be nothing stopping some non-BT-ADSL-Only-account holder from signing up to it would there?

Thomas
lowry
Grafter

PlusNet Premium Mail

http://www.plus.net/btbroadband/ Smiley ?
This looks like it exactly, but it looks like its MEANT for BT users only :?

Cool
Community Veteran

PlusNet Premium Mail

Yup, that's the one!

Obviously, don't take my answer as authorative (as I'm not an emplyee of PlusNet), but I personally can't see why someone (a non-BT BB user) couldn't sign up to that.

Might be interesting to see what one of the Comms Team say. Cheesy

Thomas
lowry
Grafter

PlusNet Premium Mail

Hi again Smiley
It would be interesting to see what they say (the comms team) as I think the package s a good idea. Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking of leaving, this is merely a hypothetical question Wink ....

Thanks for the help so far guys,
matt
csogilvie
Grafter

PlusNet Premium Mail

I can't really see what it (BT Premium) gives you that a free PAYG account doesn't...
Community Veteran

PlusNet Premium Mail

virus scanning and junk mail filters seems to be the key difference.
Ianwild
Grafter

PlusNet Premium Mail

It's mainly about the ability to access Usenet and the relay servers from outside our network.

This *Might* work for mail from any connection, but I've never tested it so I don't know. Usenet doesn't work outside of the BT Ip ranges now, but as part of the new platform, it will soon.

Regards,

Ian