cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Portal Issues with IE7 Beta 2

N/A

Has anyone noticed that the PlusNet portal doesnm't seem to work properly with IE7 Beta 2.

When I click on "Connection Settings" to get to the screen to select "Show my usage" nothing is shown - I have tried refreshing etc without any success at all.

As IE7 is going to be rolled out mid to late this year this may become a bigger issue. Does anyone know if this has been reported?

Thanks

Steve
8 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Take a look at some of the Microsoft support forums - a number of 'problems' reported with IE7 not interacting correctly with existing web sites. Reporting the issue to Microsoft may be more profitable at this stage?

Even with PlusNet's other known deficiencies, I wouldn't really expect them to change the portal to 'fit' with a Beta release of IE7 (or any other browser)

Maurice
N/A

Got to be honest, I've scouted through most sections of the portal, and can't find any errors.
Have come across a couple of irritations in the structure and the anchors preventing IE7 from filling the screen at higher res (1280x1024) but often thats down to the preferences of the authors, and therefore isn't really an error or bug.

The View My Usage Page is undergoing a change over to a new format, on a customer by customer basis (I believe it occurs at billing date) but both formats have worked fine for me (also IE7 Beta2)
Have you access to another browser (IE6 eg) to try it to ascertain if this is an issue with your account v an issue with your browser?
If not, it could be work raising a ticket to see if they can check for any error at their end.
Community Veteran

Re: PlusNet Portal Issues with IE7 Beta 2

Has anyone noticed that the PlusNet portal doesnm't seem to work properly with IE7 Beta 2.

Surely you mean that IE7 doesn't work properly Smiley

Its up to Microsoft to get their new product to work with existing internet items.
Not the other way round Wink
N/A

Works fine in IE6.

It is not actually the page with "View my usage" it is the page before that. The one that comes up when you click "Connection settings".

I would report this to microsoft but to get to that page you need a plusnet account and password and I'm not giving them my password details.
N/A

That page is also working fine, I wonder what it could be?
I presume you will have already tried signing out, then closing your browser, then trying again?
After that I can't really think what it could be, perhaps clearing cookies might help, but I doubt it.
N/A

I have the same problem. I've installed IE7 on two pcs whilst my older desktop still uses IE6. Clicking on connection settings just gives a blank screen using IE7 but works ok using IE6
N/A

I have posted this as a bug on the Microsoft Connect IE7 feedback site http://connect.microsoft.com

I have had some feedback saying it looks like a bug in IE7 with style sheets.
Griffo
Grafter

Yea I noticed this problem when I tried it. It also does the same when you visit HMV and search for something, nothing is displayed properly. So I just switched back to IE6 and all is well! Smiley