cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Messing with My Accounts?

N/A

I have two accounts with PlusNet - one at my Uni residence and one at Home.

This morning all P2P and Usenet at home was going at around 3kb/s... so I wondered what would happen if I entered my Uni residence details into my router. As soon as that was connected... my P2P rocketed and Usenet started downloading at 230kb/s.

This leads me to believe that PlusNet are messing around with my shahassociates account - what on Earth are they doingHuh

Evil
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

if your billing date for this month hasn't passed then maybe you have gone over your limit for Usenet and you are being cut back .

however if your billing date has passed for this month you will be on the new shpaing system and maybe you have gone over the 20gb peak time (8am-midnight) and are therefore getting slower speeds
N/A

I am still within the billing date, so it is likely that I have gone over my Usenet limit.

But how comes when I change to my secondary internet connection details, my torrents reach up to 50kb/s... but with my primary broadband details, they hover around 3kb/s?

Also I thought that if I kept my broadband connection details the same, and just changed the UseNet details to the secondary account, it should start using the 15gb from that account?
Community Veteran

this is probably something that can't be answered immediatly, probably you will need to raise a ticket and get them to look into is wait for the PN staff to come on to the forum, maybe they have an answer for you!
N/A

I have raised a ticket and a CS Agent has just asked for my 2nd accounts username. Maybe I shouldn't have given it to him, because he will think

"Aha, I can see why his downloads are going fast on this account... lets click the "Screw Up His Speeds" button to make both accounts the same"

Sad
Community Veteran

lol, well good luck, hope it gets sorted soon!
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

For things like the usenet usage that has been introduced recently, its based off your IP address rather than just your login details, as the usenet server doesn't generally require that you authenticate. So simply changing these wont improve anything on that front.
Community Veteran

surely if you change your username then you will have the ip addres for that username, or is the IP address allocated on a line basis rather than username?
JonathanW
Grafter

If you change your actual login details on your mode/router then you'll get a different IP address. Its only if you change your login details for usenet that you'll not see any difference.
N/A

Ok I get that now...

But... why do my torrents work faster on one account than the other - they are both 2Mbit Premier...