cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Forums

Community Veteran

PlusNet Forums

Since we are all under the Umbrella Corperation of PlusNet, how would f9/FOL go about reading/posting to their sister forums?

Is there an ultimate newsgroup/forum which combines all posts from the 3 groups or do we need to register free accounts with all 3 parties?

Just wonderin...

edited to add poll and better title
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
14 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

PlusNet Forums

Hi,

We have looked at combining all three, but for the moment they remain seperate If you want to post over on PlusNet then all you need to do is register a free PlusNet Pay As You Go account, log in to the PlusNet forum then send me a PM with the PlusNet username and I'll set up posting access.
N/A

PlusNet Forums

Hi,

We have looked at combining all three, but for the moment they remain seperate If you want to post over on PlusNet then all you need to do is register a free PlusNet Pay As You Go account, log in to the PlusNet forum then send me a PM with the PlusNet username and I'll set up posting access.

I think this sounds a really good idea! - having one big fourm where all users can talk to each other on the same platform!

Yeah! I want this to happen!!!!

J.

Admin - Any chance of adding a poll to the thread. Cheers J.
N/A

PlusNet Forums

One of the reasons I like being with F9 is that we *arent* linked to the plusnet forum. You dont feel as though you have a voice with the thousands of posts on there.
N/A

PlusNet Forums

I can see your point... however ... would it not be good to have one place where all of plus net plc customers can talk in one place.

I really don’t care about what part of the service I am connected to, be it, f9 plus net or free online, what I do care about is the service quality being received by its customer across the company.
N/A

PlusNet Forums

I have added the poll to the plusnet forum, can anyone add the same post to the freeonline forums, see what they say!

Cheers

Will update the results later in the week.
N/A

PlusNet Forums

as already stated all you need to do is register for a PAYG PN account and you can post on there all you want. Why is it that you feel so strongly about pushing everyone into one crowd when you can move freely between if you wish?Huh
N/A

PlusNet Forums

as already stated all you need to do is register for a PAYG PN account and you can post on there all you want. Why is it that you feel so strongly about pushing everyone into one crowd when you can move freely between if you wish?Huh

Because it my opinion all users of one service (which we are under plus net plc) should be able to talk to everyone. It’s ok for the odd person to get posting rights on the plus net, but that’s not feasibly if everyone wanted it.

think about it if, if you have a question or problem, you can post it on f9 forum and wait hours before anyone can reply, pull all the forums together, and you may get a response within mins, like the post I placed on plus net today, within 1 hour, 20 replies had been posted.

by the way - from the plus net board - 52% currently want one forum - 21% saying no thanks. 21% - other forums - 5% There is more than just f9

talk later. J.
N/A

PlusNet Forums

Looks like people accross the whole of Plusnet PLC want this.
Results are follows from the other networks:

Force9
Yes - 60%
No - 40%

FOL
Yes 100%
No - 0%

Plusnet
Yes 58%
No 20%
There are other forums? 17%
There is more than just f9? 2%
David_W
Rising Star

PlusNet Forums

11 votes from several thousand users isnt really a good indication, although it would probably be enough if you were a Labour supporter :p (or an American president :lol: )
N/A

PlusNet Forums

yeah I don't think it is a good enough reflection I like the idea of being able to put points accross via the f9 forum and ONLY the f9 forum! I can see the reasons for either way but I like it how it is.
N/A

PlusNet Forums

Of course, there are always the +Net forums if you want to "mingle" with other customers from the company. You find a few F9 users frequenting the plusnet.service.customer-feedback newsgroup, the similar F9 group is virtually redundant these days.

The benefits of using the newsgroup is that you don't need to subscribe, you can see if the problems being experienced are company wide and not just visp, you can see the reaction to rollouts of new hardware before it is implemented here, etc, etc.

So my answer is NO, don't merge the forums if you want to meet the "rest of the family" use the newsgroup instead.

Mark
N/A

PlusNet Forums

P.S. Why are there two yes options and two no options on the vote?
quelquod
Rising Star

PlusNet Forums

Seems like 2:1 against (on the same sort of unrepresentative sample).
I like it as it is - if Plusnet wanted to have only a single service they'd have done it and if I'd wanted to join Plusnet I'd have done that.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
N/A

PlusNet Forums

I am starting to think this is a bad idea - however it's good to have an open conversation about this!

Talk Soon.