cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Forum Moderators

N/A

PlusNet Forum Moderators

Hi Everyone,

Since the launch of the new forums we have been very happy with the response we have received. The atmosphere created by our users has been brilliant and we feel as though a real community has been created.

One thing that has become apparent is that PlusNet staff alone are not in a position to respond to (Or even read) every post made to the forums. As such we have now approached a number of customers with a request to help us in a "Moderator" capacity. These people have all volunteered their services and We would like to formally welcome johnessex (John), acarr (Philip), fa55dsl (Chris) and kuglin (Thomas) to the moderator role.

The job of a moderator is to make sure the forums provide an enjoyable and informative experience for everyone. They are also here to ensure that everyone follows the Forum Guidelines, posts their messages in the right place and keep threads on topic. The appropriate Forum Moderator has the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message.

While PlusNet themselves have ultimate discretion as to what is allowed and what is not permitted on the boards, the moderators will work to a set of guidelines as to any action they take. If at any time you have reason to question the action of a moderator, in the first instance please contact a member of the PlusNet Comms Team (Ian Wild, Mike Grice or Rob Kelly) by private message or email.

At this stage we are happy with our moderator team and are not currently looking to expand it, however in the future we may well approach individual users to ask for further assistance with the role.

Regards,

PlusNet Comms Team
18 REPLIES
N/A

PlusNet Forum Moderators

Good to see the forum taking shape and working well, especially as it has not been up and running in it's present format for long.

Well done, keep it going. Cool
N/A

PlusNet Forum Moderators

Good luck folks!
N/A

PlusNet Forum Moderators

Are Moderators the equivalent to school prefects, if so do they have to wear a badge?

Seriously though a great job is being done on this forum and I believe that if I read enough posts I'll eventually start to understand more, however it may take me many years!
Community Veteran

PlusNet Forum Moderators

Yes we do!
Check on the right underneeth my username.

There is always a lot to learn in here, I like to think I'm pretty clued up, but I have certainly learned a few things from the forums and thanks for the welcoming comments regarding our moderating.

Chris
Community Veteran

PlusNet Forum Moderators

Yes, to echo Chris: thanks!

Anyway, my knowledge of general computing is what I like to think to be pretty good. However, I have to admit I'm still learning... when people start talking about NAT, CHAP, DHCP and all that stuff I have to admit I do get a bit befuddled...but I reckon I can still offer a helping hand to those around here. Cheesy

Thomas
Community Veteran

PlusNet Forum Moderators

Right, I just thought I'd mention a little moderating change we've decided to put in place:

As some of you may know, previously when we've edited a post, we've left a red [Moderators note]. Now, Myself and the Moderators have decided to use two colours; red and green. A red [Moderators note] will mean we've edited something or done something because you've done or written something you shouldn't have done... examples of this are swearing, posting something in a board it really shouldn't be in, or making a post which is in all CAPS. The green [Moderators note] however will be used when, for example, we've corrected a UBBC tag in your post, or we've added some text to a big link so it doesn't mess up the page layout - something we've edited but not because you've done anything wrong.

Hopefully you'll all find this little change at least slightly useful! Smiley

Thomas
N/A

PlusNet Forum Moderators

So you've got red tags [don't do it again] and green tags [friendly reminder].

I like it Smiley
Community Veteran

PlusNet Forum Moderators

Pretty much! Smiley

Thomas
N/A

PlusNet Forum Moderators

But who moderates the moderators. :roll:

And what colour do they use. :lol:
Ianwild
Grafter

PlusNet Forum Moderators

That would be me - And I'm sticking with Black!
N/A

PlusNet Forum Moderators

The Dark Lord is amongst us again! :twisted:
Ianwild
Grafter

PlusNet Forum Moderators

It's voldemort all over again...
N/A

PlusNet Forum Moderators

Plusnet customer discussion forums, a.k.a. plusnet role play forums? Smiley
N/A

PlusNet Forum Moderators