Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Dictionary...

N/A

PlusNet Dictionary...

hmm... I think we need to start a PlusNet dictionary, so far we seem to have:

CAP'ing: Not CAP'ing but in fact 'fair usage'

FREE: Not free but 'free until you leave' or 'you pay in small amounts so its as good as free' (EasyStart customers will know what I mean)

UNLIMITED: (normally meaning 'Having no restrictions or control') now means whatever PlusNet want

TRAFFIC PRIORITISATION: How to turn a Torrent into Trickle

TERMS & CONDITIONS: OUR Terms & YOUR Conditions - and don't you forget it!

Cry
14 REPLIES
N/A

PlusNet Dictionary...

Just thought this post needed a reply (not that I want a visit from the PN feds) Cool

To echo half of the other posts on here, £21.99 is cheap but what the hell are PN playing at the moment. It's got to be misselling:

PRIORITISATION is the same thing as CAPPING. If I want to download something via P2P that to me is the same thing as downloading data on a gaming server.

It's not like we're talking about a small slow down. A small period of slow down from 5 o'clock is one thing but a decision to place a 24 hour near stop on P2P usage needs a new set rules - clear enough for new users to understand before they sign up. If they can't handle the b/width levels then the service should not be sold as unlimited, I don't care how cunningly it's written in the T&Cs.

Is anybody listening...:?:
N/A

PlusNet Dictionary...

Prioritisation is not the same as capping. Capping limits you to a fixed amount, prioritisation just slows down lower priority traffic. Given more and more people are using time-sensitive protocols then more and more ISP's will implement some form of traffic profiling to allow traffic which needs low latency throughput to get it.
N/A

PlusNet Dictionary...

The point of this post was to illustrate that PN have redefined the definitions we're all used to. Yes capping is setting a limit on the amount you can DL but the way that P2P is restricted means that because I (and you've got to admit, most ppl) DL most through P2P I am limited as to what bandwidth I can physically use.

Anyways, regardless of this, as an online game and VOIP user I appreciate the need to prioritise these services at "busy" times but when you get a simply pathetic DL rate at all times of day it smacks of an excuse to save on their BT wholesale costs whilst covering up this fact with marketing nonsense. Evil

I guess I would feel so bitter if my average ping is around 80ms. I know I'll be told it's just me or my set up but this has increased in the last month or so as well.
N/A

PlusNet Dictionary...

Hm, when I bother with p2p if I'm using a decent torrent (tend to use Bittorrent) it will max out at around 180 - which is the limit I've set on Bittorrent.

My average ping to google.co.uk is around 35ms - which isn't unreasonable (infact pretty good Wink ).
N/A

PlusNet Dictionary...

hmm my average ping to google.co.uk is 90. my ping to jolt.co.uk is 16 though Smiley

edit: haha, you use the same bit torrent cap as me.
N/A

PlusNet Dictionary...

they have not redefined what we are use to they have redefinded what in there sales pitch on there webiste.

it says relable always fast downloading but now it should be only at non peak times and when it not busy or we shape you done so you barerly going faster than a oap on their empty eletric wheel chair
N/A

PlusNet Dictionary...

PROMISE something made today to keep people quiet that will be denied tomorrow.
OPENESS will answer every question but the one you asked and deny they did so
APOLOGY We could have handled that better, but we are not likely to do it differently next time.
SOON within the next twelve months perhaps
LISTEN TO CUSTOMERS but immediately forget anything heard
CLARIFY answer with spin so that no one understands the first thing that has been said
ANSWERS say anything we want to be said but ignore the question

Just a few more
N/A

PlusNet Dictionary...

FREE - we will charge you if we can whether entitled to or no.
N/A

PlusNet Dictionary...

Anytime = Only when we allow you

Peak Time = 24/7

Ticket = you ask we wont answer
N/A

PlusNet Dictionary...

plusnet = trained at mp school of confusion
Metalguru
Grafter

PlusNet Dictionary...

Traffic Shaping :-

N/A

PlusNet Dictionary...

Homeaga1n, I really have to question your values and taste.
That appears to be a picture of a serious and probably fatal road accident, and you use it for a cheap laugh.
Not that I imagine anybody was amused by it.
Metalguru
Grafter

PlusNet Dictionary...

Paulwade.

Your point is well made and I have acted upon it .

I did some research on the original piccy and indeed it was a fatal accident.

I have now replaced it by one "set up" by an accident reconstruction team.
(No one was hurt).

Apologies if the original offended anyone. But I have in the past reguarly worked at the scenes of fatal accidents / incidents.

Others will tell you that occassionally, at those horrific of scenes, and afterwards, humour is one way of dealing with the situation.

Unfortunately I sometimes forget that my experiences are not the same as those peeps that have not dealt with such tragic events. And so my humour somemes seems a little warped.

If my other posts stray too far into that sort of area ................... Please point them out to me.
N/A

PlusNet Dictionary...

at least homeaga1n can give an appolgy unlike some other individuals that we all know.