cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Denies Refund Again

N/A

I had 26 days of downtime recently, as a result of a PlusNet LLU move which I could not opt out of (for PlusNet did not send me a warning e-mail, contrary to what they promised). One of the phone reps I spoke with during this time told me that I would get a refund for at least every day that I was down, and perhaps more for the inconvenience. So now that I'm back on I ask for the refund, and here's my reply:

Unfortunately, there is no service level agreement on ADSL on the UK, and we are still charged for your service even when there is a fault on this. The LLU transfer process was designed to be as smooth as possible and these problems were unforseen and unexpected. However, as a gesture of goodwill to compensate for the problems you have experienced, I have credited your account with 2 weeks free usage.

So I've basically paid for nothing, and have had no Internet connectivity, for a month, and, by a gesture of "goodwill", they're giving me half of that back, even after they promised at least a full refund beforehand. What a joke.

I had another four days of downtime when the LLU move first happened, and I tried to get a refund for that, on the principle. I ended up having to argue for days and days, until PlusNet finally gave in and decided that I was in fact entitled to a refund after all.

Do PlusNet not realise that if they treat customers unfairly then they'll lose out in the end?
9 REPLIES
N/A

You were lucky they even moved your billing date.

Fair compromise I think.
N/A

Hmm, I'm not quite seeing how I'm lucky or how it's fair. Care to explain?
N/A

Will the 2 weeks extra usage be any use to you though and did you ever go over your set limit beforehand? If not then its a pointless compromise to be given.

I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I've seen a post where a user is offered a refund for downtime and then they are told its not possible later.

I think someone seriously needs to deal with CSReps fobbing off users down the phone just so they don't have to deal with complaints.

Most web based and phone based companys I know of log all incoming/outgoing calls for training and monitoring purposes. Surely Plusnet do aswell and if that is the case someone should sort it out.

I've only ever phoned CS once and that was when I firsted joined. Luckily that was a easy fix. However from all the different views from users on this forum, I hope I don't have to ring CS up ever again.
N/A

Lol,
I think plusnet like to keep thier customers by not sending out their "option to leave plusnet" email.
I have had problems since day one, and I think they know that given the option I would jump at the chance to leave.
I know I should just leave, but im too skint to pay the deffered activation charge.
N/A

Will the 2 weeks extra usage be any use to you though and did you ever go over your set limit beforehand? If not then its a pointless compromise to be given.

I'm still under contract unfortunately, so yes to the first. And no to the second.
I know I should just leave, but im too skint to pay the deffered activation charge

The funny thing is, while I was still unable to connect, I asked about leaving, and PlusNet told me I'd have to pay for the rest of my contract if I did—even though I wasn't getting Internet service, there was no end in sight, and they were taking a long time to do anything (they were taking about four days on average to reply to the ticket, and most of those replies were insignificant).

I spoke with a solicitor, who said this is not right; that I could write them a letter specifying a reasonable amount of time for PlusNet to fix this, whereafter they're no longer upholding their end of the contract.

Uhh, why on Earth did I switch from Wanadoo. Sad
N/A

I got 2 weeks free for been on the wrong management level Shockedops:
N/A

I got three months free because on changing a DD, PN decided to cancel the new one, as well as the old one.

Then they cut me off for non-payment, but only for an hour or so once they realised it was their fault. Then on receiving my second new DD through PN processed the paperwork, then cancelled the second new DD.
So I posted a third... this time all OK.

So basically, I failed to pay for one month, which I got free. Then it took a month for DD mandate to get through and get processed and accepted (business account, so can't do it on line because of signatories required) Then as a gesture of goodwill they pushed my payment date back by another month.

This was on the to business account at £75/month, so well worth having!

Over £200 worth of refund. Wink Although it did take a wee bit of haggling...
N/A

I argued that I should get the entire refund since that was what I was promised, and then a PlusNet rep closed the ticket, ignoring what I said.
N/A

Amazingly they've just now decided to give the month refund after all—along with an extra two weeks (although that comes into effect only after my contract expires, and so will be useless unless I decide to stay)!

Still, my long, drawn-out negative experience with PlusNet far outweighs this positive one, unfortunately.