Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Customer Service

Enkel
Grafter

PlusNet Customer Service

(':x')

There have been a number of threads complaining about PlusNet's customer service. May I add my bit? My Broadband Internet connection went down a fortnight ago and I raised a ticket with PlusNet. I also contacted them by phone - this takes on the average about three-quarters of an hour so one does not do it lightly. Eventually after about three or four calls someone asked me a lot of questions and the whole thing seemed to have been put into the system. After waiting a few days I got a little fed up and thought about leaving, so I raise danother ticket asking how I obtained a MAC from them,. After another few days I was given a MAC code. iI contacted them for further info and was told that since I had asked for a MAC code the original fault had been signed off! I pointed out that I hadn't actually asked for a MAC code - merely how to obtain one if I should want it. But too late, I had to re-raise the non-connection fault and go throught the whole business of answering questions yet again. A few more days passed and I asked for progress. This time I was told that there was a backlog and they would deal with it in their own good time. Meanwhile if I kept bothering them about it, my case would simply be put back to the end of the queue again so my best course of action would be to say nothing. So far, a few days later I have heard nothing. I don't even know whether they have even tried to sort anything out, let alone tried and failed. I have no indication that anyone at PlusNet gives a toss about my predicament. And I have certainly had no offer of compensation.

Can I expect this sort of service across the industry? What sort of mess is the telecoms industry getting itself into? It really is a shambles.

By the way, does anyone know whether this spurious MAC code I have been given will now have been cancelled or can I still use it if I get really fed-up with PlusNet
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PlusNet Customer Service

It would have been better if you had added your bit to one of the existing threads rather than creating yet another one on the same subject.

It makes it difficult to follow the subject if everyone starts a new thread.
N/A

UNBELIEVABLY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Hi Wellfields,

I absolutely agree, I have onle been connected for 36 hours ( well actually only about 1 hour out of that36). I made the dreadfull mistake of switching from wanadoo because they only had a 1meg service in my area, but at least it worked! I cant believe how bad this lot are, they just dont get back to you.
What worries me is the number of similar faults, this problem is obviously on a grand scale and not going to get better overnight.

Regards Robert
Enkel
Grafter

PlusNet Customer Service

Peter

I accept what you say (about adding to an existing thread rather than starting a new one), but in many forums one is castigated for this. "Start a new thread", they say, "Don't try to hijack this one!" What is one to do? Safe thing is, seems to me, to start the new one anyway. It has the added advantage that what you have to say is one message in half a dozen, not one in twenty or even fifty, so stands a better chance of being read. And if it's read, someone, somewhere, might just look into the problem. Which is what I want PlusNet to do.

You know it makes sense
N/A

PlusNet Customer Service

It would have been better if you had added your bit to one of the existing threads rather than creating yet another one on the same subject.

It makes it difficult to follow the subject if everyone starts a new thread.

I disagree, I think this thread explains a specific issue and how Plusnet have responded and something to be careful of (not to mention the M word)

Just because you have 10k posts it does not give you the right to tell others what they can and can't post or how to post it. It is a community forum after all and we are all equal.

More importantly it shows just how many problems there are rather than 126 pages of problems on the same subject, which really is tiring.