cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Communication Preferences

Community Veteran

(Apologies if this has already come up in previous threads, I haven't the time to go searching atm, but just wanted to have quick gripe while it was on my mind.)

Why do PlusNet make it as hard as possible for people to opt out of receiving "communications" from them - eg. the e-mail I just had telling me about some overpriced wireless routers in the PlusNet shop? (No thanks, I've already been using wireless for the last... two and half years.) Having seen the e-mail I decided I wanted to unsubscribe, expecting to see a link to do so at the bottom of the e-mail. Instead, all I found was in instruction telling me to go to the "Privacy" section of PlusNet's T&Cs. A link was provided to the T&Cs, but not to the specific Privacy section. Personally, I think a link should be provided which goes straight to the page on the portal where offer e-mails etc. can be turned on or off, but, even if PlusNet wanted us to read the T&Cs before clicking the link, couldn't the number of the Privacy section at least be given, so the instruction at the bottom of the e-mail reads something like "To change your communication preferences, please refer to section x.xx.x of our T&Cs"?

Sorry to get hung up about this, but I'm very careful about the e-mails which I opt to receive to my main mailboxes (so I don't have to download as many when syncing over IMAP via GPRS and the suchlike), so I just find it a tad annoying that PlusNet couldn't have at least made unsubscribing from unwanted e-mails a little easier.

Thomas

(Back to essay-writing...)
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Actually, I apologise, having just looked at the prices in the e-mail they're not overpriced after all. I didn't even bother looking at the prices after seeing the PlusNet's shop debut, when stuff was priced sometimes noticeably more than competitors - just goes to show first impressions count. But the main point of my post above still stands!

Thomas
N/A

Agreed, also being discussed here.
JonathanW
Grafter

Generally, the emails are fairly easy to opt out of, I know the newsletter ones are. But I'll pass your feedback through to the appropriate people to see if we can improve things moving forwards.
N/A

Cheers Jon, a simple link in every e-mail and a simple button within the Email Settings or Account Settings section of the portal would be great.
Community Veteran

Thanks Jon - indeed, the newsletters are fine (they have a link to the opt-out page at the bottom of the e-mail, perfect) - it's just these other ones that're a bit annoying.

Thomas