Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Boosts Business Broadband

Neil_A
Grafter

FYI - the press release that went out this morning:

PlusNet, the UK’s best value ISP, has again shaken up the broadband market with the release of their new price-busting Business Broadband services.

PlusNet’s new business prices start from just £15.99 per month (inc VAT) for Teleworker Broadband, £19.99 per month (ex VAT) for Small Business Broadband and £29.99 per month (ex VAT) for Business Broadband. Customers can also benefit from a choice of free hardware.

All PlusNet Business Broadband services are provided at up to 2Mb as standard, so business customers can be sure of getting the fastest speeds available to them. More than 200 customers are already enjoying speeds of up to 8Mb on PlusNet Broadband. All business customers will be able to upgrade as higher speed services become more available.

PlusNet’s existing business customers will also benefit with free speed upgrades for all, and price reductions on many current products.

Neil Armstrong, Head of Marketing said “As one of the most established ISPs, PlusNet combines performance, reliability and customer service with great value which is critical for business customers. We are turning the business broadband market on its head by offering 8Mb business-class broadband from just £15.99.”

To find out more about these new products and to migrate from your current ISP visit www.plus.net/business/
37 REPLIES
N/A

Re: PlusNet Boosts Business Broadband

FYI - the press release that went out this morning:

PlusNet’s new business prices start from just £15.99 per month (inc VAT) for Teleworker Broadband, £19.99 per month (ex VAT) for Small Business Broadband and £29.99 per month (ex VAT) for Business Broadband. Customers can also benefit from a choice of free hardware.
PlusNet’s existing business customers will also benefit with free speed upgrades for all, and price reductions on many current products.

I'm currently on teleworker Pro 512kb 20:1 at £30/month incl vat. The new Teleworker
is £25/month incl vat for 2Mb, BUT it is only 50:1 at BT, so calling it a free
upgrade is being economical with the truth.
My exchange shows 50:1 port capacity problems, which probably means I am more
likely to hit contention limit, so I really want the BT 20:1 that I originally paid for.
Only the top business product has 20:1; this is shown in neilarmstrong's press release
as £29.99 + vat (£35.24 inc) but the PN website shows it as £34.99 +vat (£41.12)
Is it £29.99 or £34.99? PN have had enough time to get it right.

The free speed upgrades mail I got back in March also said:
In addition to this, Teleworker Pro customers will benefit from faster upload speeds of up to 832kbps.
. Has this promise also evaporated?

I paid annually, so I havn't been looking at the competition seriously yet, but I'm
afraid these new products are certainly not going to guarantee my continued custom.

Cheers!
N/A

More than 200 customers are already enjoying speeds of up to 8Mb on PlusNet Broadband.

Does this imply that Plus Net has 200 business customers currently on the trials?

£29.99 per month (ex VAT) for Business Broadband

Where is that one? I cant see it offered on Plus Nets website. Surely not another communication breakdown?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The Teleworker Pro accounts are no longer available to new customers, but existing customers on Teleworker Pro will stay on Teleworker Pro, they won't be changed to Teleworker Premier (unless you actually make the request to do so). Thus, assuming your line will support a faster speed, when this is processed it will still be IPStream Office.

The £29.99 price quoted in the press release is for the Business PAYG account for existing customers.

When the faster than 2Mbps speeds become available, then yes, so long as your line supports it Teleworker Pro customers would be able to benefit from the increased upload speeds.

So for the same price you are paying now, (again so long as your line supports it) you would see a speed increase to up to 2Mbps and remain on IPStream Office (20:1 contention on BT's side).
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

More than 200 customers are already enjoying speeds of up to 8Mb on PlusNet Broadband.

Does this imply that Plus Net has 200 business customers currently on the trials?

There's a mix of business and residential, I don't know what the percentage split is though off hand.
N/A

Dave,

On the product options page for the Business product I cant see an option for PAYG. It seems to offer the variants for premier only.
Community Veteran

If you go into one of the options for premier it's in one of the drop down boxes.
N/A

It does in the Small Bus product, but on my page, it only gives 2, 4, and 8mb for the Bus.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Premier PAYG is no longer available for new customers, but will remain for existing customers that are already on that account.
N/A

Dave,

What is the £29.99 Business product mentioned in Neils announcement. I can only see those products starting at £34.99. Am i being thick? Smiley

<Edit > I am being thick. if I had read your original reply correctly I'd have understood. Shockedops:

Apologies.
N/A

It says we are now elligible for the free speed upgrades, does this also mean we can pay our £15 and queue jump like residential customers can.
I'm on Teleworker pro 512 Smiley
N/A

I'm now on Homeworker Pro up to 8MB. If I ask to move to 'up to 2MB', will I have to pay for that, and will I lose my 20:1 contention in the process?

If I later decide (when the products are available in my area) to go back to the up to 4MB/8MB products, I assume I'll have to pay a standard regrade fee, but will the 20:1 contention still be safe?

I also noticed that the portal account summary states my current product is £65.99. When will that update? (to £54.99 I guess - if I stay where I am).

Thanks.
N/A

Just checked out the notice on AG. It works out that Teleworker pro will be paying £5 for the 20:1 contention at the exchange. I can live with that Smiley
N/A

just a few questions aimed towards Plusnet
Firstly it seems my account has now been changed to PlusNet Business Premier - Up to 8Mb and it seems that it will cost £76.36 and on a monthly contract now. Right since we have no idea when the 8mbit will arrive i was thinking of degrading to the 2mbit package instead and i was wondering if there would be any fees for this and any fees when i want to upgrade to the Business Premier - Up to 8Mb when it gets here.
Also i was wondering if there is going to be any traffic shaping equipment.
added to the Business Premier now or in the next few months

Kind Regards
Ben_Brown
Grafter

You'll be able to downgrade to up to 2MB for no charge, however there will be a charge if you upgrade to 4/8MB at a later date.