Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNET guarantee?

N/A

PlusNET guarantee?

13 REPLIES
N/A

PlusNET guarantee?

Just been with PlusNET on a new (monthly) contract since yesterday - connection speed is so slow it is pretty much unusable for us.
Raised a ticket and phoned several times but I can see already it's going to be a real pain to get anything done.
Can we migrate to another ISP and get a refund for the months charges? What is the deal with the plusnet guarantee, as we may well need to use this, as the service received is awful and I simply do not have the time to mess about doing speed tests for weeks on end for another ISP with no resolution in sight.

Thinking of moving to F2S - any comments on the above and / or the migration?

Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

PlusNET guarantee?

Before asking for a MAC it would be worth using the bt speed tester. if this shows the same problem changing isp won't help
see this link for how to do it link
N/A

PlusNET guarantee?

Thanks for that - so will I have to pay for this whole month and the next whole month if I decide to migrate NOW?

Not sure if i've got it right but that seems quite ridiculous especially given the level of service received in this short period!
N/A

PlusNET guarantee?

BT Speedtester doesn't appear to work - the first time I tried it it DID work, and I got 373kbps on a 2mb.
I'll give plusnet a week or so to sort something out with BT - I realised that the problem would probably be partially or wholly to do with BT, but I've been through something like this before and thought if I move to another ISP they might act more quickly for me (sounds like I'm asking a lot)
N/A

PlusNET guarantee?

You will need to pay for service for 30 days after the request is made to leave.

If a payment falls within that window, then it needs to be payed.

You can however request a refund for any unused service after then 30 days ends. Unused service is calculated by the date you migrate out, or the end of the 30 day window, whichever event occurs last.
LiamM
Grafter

PlusNET guarantee?

Is that true though? We've seen multiple cases of customers who do not get a refund after the 30days notice because Plusnet state that the payment within the 30 days causes the contract to be renewed for another month. Even if you're not connected to Plusnet.
N/A

PlusNET guarantee?

Have you followed up on any questions PlusNet asked you when you reported the issue?

For a fault to be consideres, PlusNet are required to follow a fault-diagnostic procedure.

This is for your own benefit as well as their own.

It helps solve many problems quicker, it saves the lengthy process of awaiting for a BT engineer that may not even turn up (many times, they perform tests from the street) and could save you £50 if it was your own equipment all along.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

PlusNET guarantee?

BT Speedtester doesn't appear to work - the first time I tried it it DID work, and I got 373kbps on a 2mb.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the BT Speedtester has a restriction on how frequently you can use it - edit - look at the bottom of the previous link which covers this
N/A

PlusNET guarantee?

Is that true though? We've seen multiple cases of customers who do not get a refund after the 30days notice

I beleive the answer came back as a yes, after Bob and Stew went to get it clarified.

Although you do have me doubting myself, and I am tryign to find a link on ADSL Guide for it.

Although not Stews or Bobs original post confirm it can be done, Dave posted today, which confirms it HERE
LiamM
Grafter

PlusNET guarantee?

Hmmm... I thought the answer came back as a No lol....

As per homeaga1n being billed still. I think....

Hmmm....
LiamM
Grafter

PlusNET guarantee?

Perhaps you may be right. Found a link in the SL when I raised it to this - http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33422&start=75

Though I'm sure I've heard otherwise also since.

There does appear to be some confusion here.
N/A

PlusNET guarantee?

Got a link Liam?

As per the post, you will be billed again, but unused time will be refunded. So seeing specifics would be a benefit.
N/A

PlusNET guarantee?

I totally agree with you - Plusnet appear very reluctant to investigate faults and make it extremely difficult to making quick progress to root cause and solution.
I've been having problems with my 1MB connection "fading" to drop out & then difficulty re-connecting. 300kbps (consistantly) would be sheer luxury.

The last straw was I was told to run 3 BT speed tests, which took 3 hours (because of drop-outs) but unfortunately I got the wrong result - 193, 86 & 936 kbps - so I was asked to run them again between midnight & 7am, otherwise there was nothing they could do. Presumably this gives a better chance that I could achieve 3 x 900 & be told there was no problem!

I sleep nights & I know there's aproblem because I rarely have a decent usable connection (whilst awake).