cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net stable rate set way to low - please reset !

petsyb
Grafter

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate says 2mb

all speed test say running at around half mb

modem says 7.2mb and greater and has done since being turned on to maxdsl on saturday

can plusnet reset stable speed (my account) to 7mb ? ? ? ? ?

how will my stable rate ever be set higher than 2mb if it has started at 2mb!
I disconnect every night
11 REPLIES
N/A

Mine says 1000 but I'm synching at 6848...supposedly it should retrain itself in 3 days, but mine has been at 1000 for what seems like an age now (I've reconnected once a day). I'm trying to be patient but it feels like dial-up when you're used to the higher speeds Sad

I don't think PN can reset the limit until they have the speed reports from BT, whenever that'll be!
petsyb
Grafter

Thanks for the reply brookyz7

but it feels like dial-up

I know what you mean,
i'm just a little worried it's going to stay like this
N/A

So am I, especially because you can't see any sign of movement.

I guess it would help if the tool had some kind of "last updated at ___", so you can tell whether the speed is going to stay that bad or whether PN just haven't received an update from BT yet.
petsyb
Grafter

maybe a moderator from plusnet can tell us , will this change after the 10 days and go to full speed ?

Anyone else in the same boat ?
N/A

I've just been max'd (or at least I only noticed last night when I had to log onto my router to allow the MAC address of a new device) but my throughput is only 1mb as before. I'm sure it will sort itself out overtime, i'm positive the change only happened yesterday so i'm not overly worried.

According to my router logs i've not lost sync yet and i'm getting 4.5mb down and 400odd up out of a connection that previously could only handle 1mb (52bd downstream) so if I get any increase in throughput i'll be happy Smiley
N/A

What makes it more painful is that I was maxed a month ago and after the 10 day training period, my stable rate was set to 6500 but it's now been lowered to 1000, so I've had the faster speeds already and I don't see why it's been set so low. I had a stable 2mb connection before Max!

sarahnmason, I'm sure once the training period is up, you'll see the higher speeds! Smiley
N/A

Smiley all being well, not bad for £14.99 a month I suppose it will get the Mrs of my back when the latest episode of whatever she's currently watching at the minute comes down quicker Smiley
N/A

Yup when BT sort out whatever problems they're having, it'll be brilliant! Cool
N/A

^^G'day Mr Mason ^^
N/A

Allright Mark Smiley

Has max reached your green and pleasent/rainy lands yet?

Hope all is well with you and yours!

Mason
N/A

maybe a moderator from plusnet can tell us , will this change after the 10 days and go to full speed ?

Not from PlusNet, but a moderator all the same. Smiley

The stable rate issue is affecting many people, including myself, across all ISP using the MAX product.

This is one of the areas BT are working on to resolve whilst they have stalled the bulk regrade process.

The problem lies with BT's kit and untill they sort it there isnt a lot the ISP's can do.

Some people are seing the stable rate correctly applied after a few modem reboots. Others will simply have to wait for BT to pull the finger out.